Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-15-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
I've owned a Canon HV20 for a little over a year and have really enjoyed the camera. The video quality is amazing, but I'm just a novice video user and had hoped to get into something card/flash based where it is easier and faster to upload video to my PC.

Does anybody have recommendations in the $600-$700 range? I hear good things about the HF10 but didn't know what other flashed based options would be good in that price range.

Thanks!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-15-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Is this a good deal? Is the only difference between the HF10 and HF100 that the 100 has built-in memory?
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ele/1243172130.html
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-15-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
AVCHD is faster to transfer but not easier.

Personally I'd stick with the HV20 but if you're really determined to go down that road now the HF200 is $599 brand new and shipped at B&H.

(the HF10 & HF20 have built in memory. The HF100 & HF200 write strictly to SD cards besides that yes the HF10/HF100 & HF20/HF200 are identical)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
I have an HF-S100. I know its out of your price range, but definitely read up on AVCHD before you commit. I absolutely love this camera and it shoots amazing footage, but you need a pretty powerful machine even for simple playback. Editing is a whole different ballgame. Just one thing to consider...

The plus side is you can actually trim and delete clips you don't want directly on the camcorder, eliminating all the 'garbage' that is transfered to the computer that you don't want/need.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
Also, the neat thing about flash based is the still shot capabilities of these cameras. I've been waiting for a chance to show off some of the shots I took with mine last weekend!

Upload
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-15-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
I just picked up an HF200 for $650 CDN from Dell.

Great little unit. Shoots almost instantly, small, great video quality.

I love it.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-16-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
So what is the difference between the HF100 and HF 200? And you can still record to sd cards with 10 and 20 models right? Just the main difference is that you can ALSO record to an internal sounce?

What do you guys know about the difference between my HV20 video format and AVCHD? I have Vegas Platinum and would like to not have to invest in another editing program. Thanks!