Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-05-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
Which boat would you choose with no emphasis on price? Now that we got that out of the way, what about if there was a price gap of about 6-7K in favor of the Supra. Would that change your opinion. What are the main differences between the boats. How would you rank each of these versus all other inboards. Here is my take:

Correct Craft
Master Craft
Centurion, Malibu and Supra on same level but in that order
Tige
Moomba

Without starting a war what are your thoughts.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-05-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Need to know more about what features/options are on each boat. We need to be able to compare apples to apples. OR at least as close as possible. Just at first glance I would say that they would be closer to that in price.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
Every one bought there boat for a reason. Are you asking this because you are buying a new boat? If so you need to demo them. I disagree with the order you have chose. I would be willing to bet most every one will have a different opinion on the order.
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-06-2008, 5:07 AM Reply   
With regards to the boats:

The Supra is essentially coming with all of their standard featuers which pretty much loads the boat up with everthing. Upgrades are: 340 hp indmar, Tower mirror, z-5 cargo rack, Dual batteries, upgraded stereo (two amps, four tower speakers, sub), There are not a lot of option on Supra's.

The enzo is optioned with: 333HP Merc, evolution tower, heater, headed drivers seat, perfect pass, four tower speakers, amp, sub, bennet trim tab, billet pckg, docking lights, second battery, board racks, Depth Finder, Bimini Top,

As I stated before, the price gap is about 6-7K in favor of the Supra. How does quality factor into this equation and is there any or that much with regards to these two boats?
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-06-2008, 5:26 AM Reply   
I have never ridden in a Centurion, but my Supra is sweet. I am sure they are fairly even as far as quality. I know the 08 Supra will have a 5 year "bumper to bumper" warranty... will the centurion?

Also, for 6-7k less, no question I would go with the supra. Also, more ballast can be hidden in the Supra due to the play pen bow. You can have 1150lbs up there and not see any of it, not have to step over bags, etc. But then again, the Centurion might not need that much weight up front.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
.....yup the playpen bow....one of the best features a boat can have.
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       03-06-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
I've ridden behind both the Supra (not an '08 though) and the Enzo. Both are really nice boats of top quality.
Heath, I sent you an e-mail. Take them for test drives. I think you'll find there's a considerable wake shape difference (at least with factory ballast). I've found that the Supras have a steeper wake similar to some Nautiques I've ridden behind and that the Enzo has more of a rampy wake like some of the Mastercrafts I've ridden behind.
I'm interested to hear what others (who've ridden behind both) have to say though.
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       03-07-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
Take a measuring tape with you if you plan on putting the Supra into the garage, the hinge point on the tower is pretty high to ensure it fits in the garage. The Supra is a great boat with excellent construction; although I do not care for the one piece rear seat. Why Skiers-Choice has not reduced compartmentalized the rear seat and put some accessible storage under them is beyond me. All in all you should be very happy with the SSV.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-07-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
imho

I recomend the Supra over the Centurion.

Centurion wakes have never impressed me, and their boats are way over priced.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-07-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
Heath,
One thing about the supra not having that many options is that most of the things you stated as "options" on the centurion are standard on the supra. And its still that much cheaper. That says something to me. Skier's Choice makes a great boat and has great customer service.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-07-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
Heath -

That Indmar 340hp in the Supra has the CAT. Once you spend one day in a boat with that motor you will never want anything else. + you get 5 year warranty. I dont think Merc is putting them in yet but I know its coming.

Playpen seating in the Supra - same thing - once you have had it you will never go back. The rear facing in the playpen is by far one of most used seats in the boat. And storage? I call that one the dead body locker it so damn big.

Saved the best for last. IMO - The wake on the 07 - 08 22SSV is one of the best in the world. I know that is a subjective statement, but I pulled a lot of riders last year with my 07 and got nothing but compliments. If you get to own a Supra it will make you very proud to hear others tell you how much they like the wake.

Hope this helps.
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-07-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
both are great boats and IMO it just comes down to preference drive them and decide which one you like best

that being said if the supra is 7k cheaper than the enzo that would seal the deal for me
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-07-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
I own an Enzo 230, and have spent dozens of days in a Supra 22SSV. Haven't been in an 08 SSV but earlier versions through 07. Quality between Supra and Enzo is equal. The Enzo wake is by far the best of the Centurion lineup. Really large, clean, and a ramp much like a Malibu. Both are excellent boats. The Enzo is a foot longer and several inches wider, so it feels much larger than the Supra, the Enzo 230 has more space than the Supra 24SSV.
Old    boardco13            03-10-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Heath,

The answer to this question is simple - take it for a test drive. I love the Enzo SV230 - the wake, the ride and the fit and finish, but some people may not feel the same. If you take them both out in similar conditions you will find out what is right for you.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-10-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
1.tige for versatility, ride, wakes. storage and best fuel economy
2.supra for wakes, ride, storage and nice layout.
3. centurion/malibu nice boats not as good as first 2 IMPO. my main gripe with BU is the wedge just not a real big fan of that thing.
4.mc nice boat over priced an over rated
5.cc nice boat over priced an over rated
6. moomba good level entry boat but not up to par with others but price point is nice.
good luck in your search hope it turns out well for you.
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-10-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
Ditto to what Mitch said (both the Enzo and the test drive recommendation).