Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
So I am almost W2w. I can just taste it and Ive heard everything about progressive edging, keeping the handle at my waist and building tension and standing up but can someone describe to me how a successful w2w jump feels....cause out there i'm not watching myself. I can only video tape 1/3 of the time and that doesn't help until after. I can't see what Im doing wrong all the time but if someone could describe how it feels...i dunno like the pressure on your legs and the pull on your arms how that is supposed to feel that would be wonderful. If i'm totally not making sense someone tell me and I wont post again...hahaha thanx for the help! :-)
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
you'll know whenever you go w2w. its a really smooth landing going down the downside of wake 2 compared to landing inside the wakes.
Old     (rimreaper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-06-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
well when u go cut out about 15 ft away from the wake then gradually and gradually cut more and more until ur at the maximun u can cut on ur heelside when u hit the wake. Basically u want to be the most perpendicular to the wake as u can when u hit it. A major mistake pep make is that they cut too early. Another tip is to hop a bit off the wake. Don't do this too excessively or else it will throw u off. Finally bend ur legs in mid air to get more air and later on help u learn grabs. If u do all this u'll land in the flats in no time.
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
Thnx guys...I'm gonna get it next time I know it!