Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2010, 11:59 PM Reply   
I think it's like this with everything, not just boating. We launch our boats on a regular basis, our lives revolve around boating. Some do this maybe a few times a year. Yeah, it's frustrating to see but comes with the territory I think. What is the saying, "focus less on the things you can't control, and more on the things you can"? I help out when I see someone struggling. I have towed numerous people back in, given up my gas reserves as well. Helped load and launch other people. It's not a big deal.

I do have a contribrution to the boat ramp horrors though. When we first moved into our new house our commuiny has it's own ramp but is really long andnsteep. I worried about the tow vehicle at the time not being able to get back out. So we used to go down the road to a public park with a ramp. Anywho, we were out all day it was getting dark on a Saturday night. There is a ton of people camping in the park, let me rephrase that, tons of trash in the park. Anywho, we my brother in-law jumps out to back the trailer in. We were next in line, so I am just idleing around to get lined up when he backs in. The truck in front of us is starting to back down and is doing a horrible job. Guy jack knifes the same way at least 5 times. So the fuzz comes over to investigate. Gets the guy out of the turck (whole time the truck and trailer are jack knifed on the ramp) gives him a blow test, then cuffs him and puts him in his patrol car. Next a buddy of that guy decides he will take over the backing of the trailer. As soon as the guy gets in the truck, fuzz is on him too. Same thing, he ends up cuffed and in the car. Then the GF takes a stab at it. Same thing, cuffed and in the car. The truck has not moved. THis is where is gets good. Another friend thought he would outsmart the fuzz by not getting INSIDE the truck to back it down. So this guy is standing on the running boards trying to back down the trailer. The fuzz takes him in too. Finally the guy who was driving the boat that was supposed to go on that trailer docks the boat and comes to back the trailer. Seeing the line of boats sitting and waiting for this truck to get off the ramp he allows the guy to back in and load the boat. Then arrests him. This all happened in about 45 mins time. It was frustrating but also very funny to watch.

On a side note. I paid a lot of money for my wetsounds to be loud and heard for long distances, but at the same time, I don't try to forcefeed my music on bystanders.