Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    amixman            07-29-2003, 7:36 AM Reply   
how do you all remove them?
Old    mb_girl            07-29-2003, 7:55 AM Reply   
Usually a mixture of vinegar & water will take them right out. If you have some that are still there after trying that, try a clay bar. You can get them in the detailing section of most auto parts store. They're designed to take mineral deposits off of paint & gel coat. Polishing compound will probably work as well, it'll just be more work.
Old    debsxstar            07-29-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
I always keep a 50/40 mix of vinegar and water on my boat and as soon as we take it out of the water we just wipe down. It removes the spots and saves a lot of hard work later. I wasn't doing this in the beginning and i do have some dried water spots. What is the best thing to use for these spots?
Old     (n2mywake)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-29-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
if they're bad you can use lime away, just make sure you wash it all off. And remember to rewax...
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-29-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
The best is sno-bol toilet cleaner. No scrubbing at all. Just put some on a sponge and wipe it on. Wipe it off a minute later. Make sure you wear gloves and avoid all metal parts and decals - only use on gel coat (it will eat the metal). This stuff is powerfull! It will take out any stain - just make sure you re-wax after.
Old    mnwake            07-29-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
We just used some stuff called Zing and it worked great! Got it at the local marina.
Old    norcal_99            07-29-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
Ducky water spot remover works.

Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-29-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
Debbie, Just spent all morning trying to guess what the last 10 percent of your mix is????
The clay bar recommended above with a fiberglass cleaner spray works really well for even the toughest under the rail water spots. Stay away from your ID #'s if they are painted on though.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-29-2003, 6:09 PM Reply   
I use 100% vinegar, and it is very effective on the Arizona hard water. However, I've heard that vinegar eats the wax, but I'm not that concerned since the boat is stored in the garage out of sunlight. If you store it outside, I'd use the Ducky stuff. It does the same, but doesn't hurt the wax (so I've heard).
Old    amixman            07-30-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
ok i used straight vinegar it took all the spots off , thanks for all your good ideas.
this board and all its members a awsome!!!!!
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-30-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
Does the sno-bol stuff work on Vinyl as well, or does anyone have any good suggestions for getting vinyl clean??
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-31-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
I use Simple Green. It worked really well. I don't know if there are long term affects yet, so use at own risk.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-31-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
For some reason when I use ducky, it leaves a crusty film on the boat.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-01-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
You do NOT want to use sno-bol on vinyl - it will eat it. DO NOT use simple-green on your vinyl either. It will cause the seams to tear. Vinyl manufacturers have simple-green on the do NOT use list. I use Fantastik on vinyl - it is safe for the vinyl and cleans better then simple-green.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-01-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Tre!! That is good to know. I hope using it only once didn't mess it up!!