Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    canada97            01-31-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
...can you do it??
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-31-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
Absolutely, you can ride behind anything. This boat I had when I started wakeboarding was a ProCraft 190 Family Fisher with a 150 Merc. NO WAKE at all but still fun. Check it out at http://www.bierbower.net/procraft/

I moved to a SeaRay Ski Ray with a 200 and loved it. The wake was pretty respectable with the boat weighted. Biggest bummer was no platform on the back so we had to strap in inside the boat then try to get out without trashing board or boat. Tons of pics of my old SeaRay all over www.MonsterTower.com or at http://www.bierbower.net/searay/ That's the boat that started Monster Tower :-)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-31-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
check out this thread:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/209192.html?1107187488

The vid I think the dude is riding behind an outboard or an I/O. Whatever it is it's definitely not a wake specific boat and the dude kills it.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-31-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
An outboard is a type of engine, not a type of boat. But for that matter, you can wakeboard behind anything that can manage to go 18 to 22 MPH. Here, check out what I pull with when a big wake is not desired.....

http://rodm7.tripod.com/slider_chad.wmv

In general, an outboard is typically used on a lightweight boat. Lightweight boats are kind of the opposite of wakeboard boats, so don't expect the wake to be large.
Old    canada97            02-06-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
cool thanks
Old    canada97            02-10-2005, 6:16 PM Reply   
who else rides behid an out board
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-10-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
I ride behind an outboard, however im no advanced rider, so the wake size is ok for me... Im a Beginner wakeboader, and intermidiate skier, and the outboard does just fine for me...

sure would like a nice malibu, mastercraft...... but ohh welll...
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-11-2005, 1:38 AM Reply   
man oh man. if you really want a good boat wake without weighting down a boat or piling in the people, buy yourself one that is a cross between an offshore and a lake boat. the boat i ride behind is a 26 foot Citation. yeah it's a little bigger of a boat, but that thing on empty gas tanks, outdrive pinned all the way in and with minimal people will still pull a better wake than most weighted wakeboard boats... and just as clean too. then if i wanted to re-pin the outdrive all the way out, it will kick up a wake about 2 1/2 feet in height and probably another 6 feet across. needless to say, your board gets about 7-8 feet up without a problem... and that's on an average jump. all in all, i'd take that boat over a standard wakeboard boat anyday.
Old    linus8103            02-13-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
Yea...I was watching the X games this year, and all the Pros were riding behind 1976 Citations.

Just messin with ya man...post them pics when you get em.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-13-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
hahaha, yeah Easter sunday we're going out if it's not raining, regardless of how cold it is. just have to suck it up and deal with extreme shrinkage.