Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-14-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
Anyone Know of good cities that are on lake powell that are good for taking wakeboard trips too, also, i'd like to rent a houseboat on lake powell, which i know i can , but also, was wondering is there anyone out there that rents wakeboard boats for the week, since i couldn't two my boat all the way out there?? I'm just looking for a basic wakeboard boat, with some storage room, and not a necessity that it comes with any weight systems, if needed i could bring my own fat sacs, i just need the boat.???

let me know any info u got. thanks
Old    wakecord            10-14-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
ry this:

http://lakepowell.com/
Old    aram            10-15-2004, 12:22 AM Reply   
Luckily we had the most gracious host in the world for our trip in August so I can't really give advice as far as setting it up. The only advice I can give is look for the cove at mile marker 77b south of Bullfrog. It's the best cove on the lake. By the way, I'm reserving it now for the third week in August 2006!
Lake Powell
Old    aram            10-15-2004, 12:25 AM Reply   

77b
Old    aram            10-15-2004, 12:27 AM Reply   

Lake Powell
Lake Powell
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-15-2004, 7:16 AM Reply   
Brian,

The only city "on" Lake Powell is Page, AZ. It is small, but has all the necessary things. Houseboat rental is easy, you may run into trouble trying to find a decent rental tow boat. I cannot stress enough that the "power boats" Aramark(only houseboat rental company on Lake Powell) rents are TERRIBLE. They are not worth consideration. It could be best described as a fishing boat.

I am sure if you try, you should be able to find a rental company in Page that could/would rent you an I/O for watersports.

E.J.
Old    zackv            10-15-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
That cove is proably not there anymore.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
Brian,
Try Antelope Marina for a Houseboat. They are all brand new and are all loaded with goodies. All they have for boat rentals are 20 glasstrons or something like that i/o boats. and not only that you dont have to navigate through the narrows and the 4 foot chop. Last Chance bay was purely butter when we were there. Also Warm Creek Bay was galss all day long the day we were there, and it is only 6 miles from Antelope Marina, which has everything you need, food , gas, goodies. Good luck and have fun.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-15-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
eric, How far is it from here towing with kids, etc. food/bathroom stops?

I'm going next year for sure. 59ftr for a week
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-15-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
Yo HairbandDude make sure you swing by my place and pick me up
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-15-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
ripper, riding/driving for you tomorrow morning?

early, local?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-15-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
those are some gorgeous pictures.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-15-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
I like the one with the X10.

It reminds me. I was telling Fred last night: "What if your boat could talk?" You know like KIT from Knight Rider.

I can just see it. You're leaving work, your cell rings.

You answer: "Hello."

Yeah, Shawn its your boat, we're gonna to have some serious problems if you don't get your @ss down here. The water is glass, and I haven't had my fix. If you aren't here in 30 minutes I'm packing my Fat Sacs and am getting the hell out!

Ok sorry for the incoherent rambling. As you were.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-15-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
ROFLMAO !
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Glen, Its takes me 8 hours of driving to get to Powell. So with rest stops and all, we do it around 9 1/2 hours. That is from Temecula to Wahweap Marina. I stayed on the 70 footer out of Antelope last month and there boats are nice. Tv,dvd,vrc in every stateroom (4 of them). 36" tv with Direct TV in the main galley, 2 queen size fold out couches, full stainless steel kitchen. 2 full bathrooms. 2 more tvs up top, and a six person Jacuzzi. The 59' footer out of there has all the same minus the jacuzzi and 1 couch.
Old    dwe            10-18-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
Brian,

Here are a couple of links for boat rentals. I have no idea if they have anything with a tower though. E.J. is right on regarding the Aramark poerboats, don't do it.

http://www.lake-powell-boats.com
http://www.powellguide.com/waterworld

Good Luck
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-18-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
I wanna go... Those pics are making me fiend for a little ride time, especially since it's raining here.