Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-31-2003, 3:44 PM Reply   
im trying to find replacement to some of our cr@apy plastic board racks. i need something realtivly cheap, but our main prob is that i want racks that wont slip at all. if its possible. we would need 2 racks for perferable less than 300-400 $ ne thing would be nice thnx
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-31-2003, 8:40 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3619376638&category=23 807

These racks are rock solid, will not slip even when I hang on them, and will run you about 120 each. Give bsktz5@aol.com an email and tell him andy zarlengo sent you. He will hook you up. Great super, awesome product.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2003, 12:49 AM Reply   
cool, i emailed him, but will these racks not slip when we take the lil ones tubbin?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-01-2003, 7:02 AM Reply   
Not at all. I have actually hung on mine and I weigh 170#. They grip on the tower tubing very very good.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-01-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
Chris:
I have them also and they sre awesome. They wont slip or turn. You cant go wrong. Also ck out his speaker cans.
Old     (elmog)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-01-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
Maybe overkill, but when I mounted my similar racks, I used LockTite on the bolts and a torque wrench set to 10ftlbs to tighen each bolt using a cross tighening pattern. They feel like they are welded on the tower.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
this all sounds good to me, but now, the convincing of the dad... aka the guy with money. aboot how much will these run me is at aboot 120 or is it more?
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       08-01-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
I've got the same racks and give them a big thumbs up. They average around $120 or so each.

Best deal out there for racks if you're on a budget.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2003, 11:38 PM Reply   
yea i am on a budget, im going to try and go half and half with my dad, but i need to make sure that they wont slip or ill be out alot of money cause id bite the bullet if they slip, so u see y i want to know if the slip. do they gnash up the tower at all? If u had to say one bad thing about these racks what would it be?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-02-2003, 12:29 AM Reply   
Also does ne one have pics of the racks on ur towers? thnx
Old    dburke            08-06-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
Im on a budget as well. Ive contacted the guy about making a rack that fits a Titan. He said he was working on the larger clamp but I havent heard anything further. Im hoping he finishes them soon because I would really like to get a rack this season.

BTW, are his prices really that good? If so, Im stoked!!!
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-06-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
I would agree with everyone who stated that these racks are great. I have em too and they are no slip nothing bad to say about them other than they are a satin finish not polished but you can poish them real easy. I also went to his shop and the guy is great he gave me a tour and answered all of my questions and showed me how he makes his stuff. I highly recommend these racks. Good luck and I doubt you'll find a rack like it for the price. P.S. If you buy more than one rack ask if he'll give you a deal you might get lucky.