Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (deltamud)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-07-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
I have tried more than a few times to stretch my Hyperlite Highbacks , the orange ones, with the soda can, warm water method. I never felt that it was very successful, and although I liked the bindings I was ready to give up on them. Then last week I put the cans in the toes for one last try. But instead of warm water I put them in the back of an SUV, for two hot days. It worked! If you try this and melt them you didn't hear it from me. Just don't leave the bindings in direct sunlight.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
or just ride them?

much more fun :-)
Old     (gmhdesign)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-09-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
I had liquid force Team bindings and loved them, till one day I took my board to work and left it in my car, (all black interior). NOT A GOOD IDEA…

The bindings shrank considerably, and some of the EVA footbed separated from the sidewall as the glue melted away.

From then on they would make my arch and toes go numb within 5 min. of riding. I switched back to my old bindings and thought that I had ruined a good pair of Teams.

This weekend I followed the advice of a friend and put beer cans in the toe part of both bindings. I left the board in my living room at a 74 degree air temp over night. The next day I could have boarded for hours without going numb.

I’m really glad this worked for me. I thought I had flushed $320.00 down the toilet!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-09-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
I just tough it out for the first few weeks when I get new bindings. It sucks but after a while they stretch out and are nice and comfy.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-09-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
I bought some Liquid Force Exos a while back that took a while to stretch out. Bottles, warm water, etc were no match for a few particularly hard face plants. Now they're stretched pretty comfortably.