Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-06-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
Just wanted to see how many of you are not sponsored and would like to be! How long have you been riding for? What are your goals for the 2010 season? Have you ever hit rails? Have you ever been in a competition? Also... how many of you went to or have heard of Girls Ride the Wake?!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-07-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
What a cool opportunity. I'm not anywhere near, but maybe in a year! Good Luck to all those that are!!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-07-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
I think most of us are not sponsored. My best hope is for Geritol to think the old Shred Hag Mafia is worthy of taking a look at! ;-D
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-07-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
I sponsor my daughter
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-07-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
Bud Light Lime really should sponsor me! They've obviously over looked my beer drinking skills! ;-D
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-08-2009, 10:35 PM Reply   
Kat...I will vouch for you!! Think I will write them on your behalf!!! ;-)They have way overlooked you!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-08-2009, 10:36 PM Reply   
Kat....don't make me start posting on here again!!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
Thanks, Geri...ha ha for posting!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-10-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
I give Kat an ambassador endorsement! She is always try to push her division and hooking people up with pulls. Even going out of her way to do it. Sounds sponsor worthy to me.
Old    kaligirl            11-10-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
I nominate Kat and Geri as ambassadors of the sport! I've met more people through Geri in the past 6 months than I did over the past three years of riding!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-10-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
lol...thanks, Scott & Kathleen!! Long Live the Shred Hag Mafia!!! Next, we need to get a Veterans Division started! (No whining from Geri about Super Vets!)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-10-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
HAHA....thanks Kathleen!! But when you have Shred Hag Mafia friends like Kat, its easy to intro you to them!!

Kat...I am going to have to wait until you are a Super Vet to have any hope of getting it off the ground (or water!!! LOL)

Becky....yes I have heard of it. I tried to make it up there this year, just didn't work out. I will try again next year and I am hoping to organize a girls ride day through B4BC-(boarding for breast cancer)here in SoCal. Goals for next year? 3's and backroll.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-11-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
Hey ladies thanks for your responses. There are some pretty awesome opportunities coming up very soon for all of us girl riders! No matter what your skill level is, please keep your eyes and ears open. I wanted to see how many bites I could get on here for woman who love this sport!
Old    wakejjboard12            11-11-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
"No matter what your skill level is"

Lol I am in!!! Have rail experience. I've been in INT and local grassroots for the last 5-6 years.
Old     (tcan)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
i'm in with Jessica!! building a community out here in the 50th state! i would love to do anything to promote the sport for all levels and ages my daughter started when she was 6 we still ride together at least once every 2 weeks)
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-18-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
That is awesome Tracy!!! Keep it going over there!

Jessica- that is really cool, you don't see a lot of girls on rails! What level at INT??
Old    wakejjboard12            11-18-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
Womens intermediate but i was usually the only one in the division lol. I only did INT a few times but we had some pretty rad grassroots stuff that i was really into for awhile. Its sad though now that stuff has kinda died out in my area. I love rails. I've been to McCormick's and OWC tons and i'm def addicted to rails now :-)
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-25-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
That's so awesome! I just went to the Projects and tried out the system 2 cable they have other there! It's so sweet! We have a bunch of rail jams over here in Nor Cal, you should venture out this way and check it out!
Old     (key3331)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-28-2009, 11:36 PM Reply   
Our last comp of the season had 12 competitors! Not super high levels but all the girls did really good and NW4 (NorthWest Women Who Wakeboard) was acountable for a grip of em so that was pretty cool too... Girls ride the Wakre is on my Facebook though!!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-07-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
I'm really glad to hear that Emily! Everyone has to start at some level and then work their way up the ladder! Keep riding and never give up :-) Glad you have GRTW on your Facebook. That is a good way to stay in tuned on what is going to be happening for the 2010 event!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-14-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
It was cool reading about you Becky!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-15-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
thank you :-)
Old    kaligirl            01-17-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if there will be any clinics for girl riders in Nor Cal in 2010?
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-20-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
Yes, Girls Ride the Wake... and there may be some other ones aside from GRTW... stay tuned. I'm sure there will be posted on here and other places.
Old    kaligirl            01-21-2010, 10:00 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info, Becky! Looking forward to more details...and some sunshine!
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-22-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Any girls ride out here in Colorado? Have you entered into any competitions in Colorado?
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-02-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Janelle- I know that there have been some clinics in CO for girls. Raequel Hoffman did it last year. I can't remember where though. I'll ask her for more info for ya.
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-02-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
That would be awesome Becky! Thank you!!
Old     (abbymsu3)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
Becky-
Any thoughts on bringing a GRTW clinic to Orlando? Ive only been riding for about 5 months but have learned hs backroll, tanrum, ts front roll, ts back roll, and 180s and 360's. Im going to compete this season but it would be really nice to get some perspective on tournaments from ladies who have some experience. Let me know!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-02-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
I am actually teaming up with WakeGirls.com and we're going to see about possibly getting an event in Orlando in October or November! So stay tuned
Old    kaligirl            03-02-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
Do you have any coaches lined up yet for GRTW? My daughter and I are super excited for the event.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-03-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
Yes, I do! I have some of the same pros that were there last year who are coming again this year. I also have a couple more pros showing up who weren't there last year! I am still waiting on confirmation from a few others. You can expect big things this year and I'm very excited about it!
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-24-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Hey Becky,
I know you know already that I went to GRTW last year and had a BLAST! I'll definitely be there agian this year. It's a great event for female wakeboarders to bond and progress! Huge props from me!
As far as being sponsored, yes please! I'm working on getting involved more in NorCal wake events and building a reputation as a serious rider.
Glad to see so many more girls riding in rail jams and other events lately too! Keep spreading the word!
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-24-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Janelle,
I used to live, ride and compete in CO. Check out www.milehighwakeboarding.com
They host a bunch of events each year and are doing a meet and greet sometime soon I think.
If you want some more contacts in CO let me know, I'll be happy to pass your info along to some of my old crew.
Happy shredding!
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-05-2010, 12:48 PM Reply   
Ya that would be great if you could....Where do they normally boat?
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-15-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Janelle,
I was in Northern CO (Fort Collins) so they mostly went out at Horsetooth or Boyd. I do have some friends in Denver though, I'd have to check which reservoirs they ride. I would definitely go to the Mile High Meet and Greet and talk to Steve Jones (http://www.wakeworld.com/event.php?event_id=2793).
There will be a ton of other riders and wake enthusiasts there as well...a great place to meet people!
If you want specific people to call please email me. lin_zs1@hotmail.com
Good luck!
L
Old     (dani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-16-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
that would be awesome to get sponsored! ive never competed but i was looking into maybe signing up for girls ride the wake this year! Has anyone done it before?
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-26-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
Hey Dani!
GRTW was amazing last year and from what I hear it will be even better this year! I definitely recommend signing up and going!
Old    DanDoubleE            07-14-2010, 12:15 AM Reply   
How fun would it be to be sponsered?!

I have been riding for about ten years, although I havent gotten any better since I was about 13... But this year Im FINALLY starting to learn new tricks and its the funnest experience! Any tips on how I can get betteR?
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2010, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDoubleE View Post
How fun would it be to be sponsered?!

I have been riding for about ten years, although I havent gotten any better since I was about 13... But this year Im FINALLY starting to learn new tricks and its the funnest experience! Any tips on how I can get betteR?
Hi!! Welcome!

For getting better, I would suggest going here - http://www.wakeworld.com/news/catego...01/how-to.html

Search these forums and do a google search for wakeboard tricks, you'll find a ton of helpful stuff.