Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Did any of you go in to the dealer with the intention of buying the "stripped down," version of the X-1 for the advertised $40k-ish price? And did you succeed? Our local dealer is still throwing a hefty mark-up on the boats, which is frustrating. Base prices are still around $47k + or so. I do realize there are dealer prep costs, but wow . . . What kind of luck did you all have? Thanks.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
Unless you put an order in for one... almost all of the X1's the dealers order have a stereo, boardracks, ballast etc. I have not yet seen a dealer order an X1 without these basic options, which bump the base price above 40.
Old    abadsvt            07-18-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Well that 40K base price but you still have to include tax, dealer fees(shipping and handling), and i have yet to see a strip down one. I know they come with alot of standard features like upnorth pointed out which is ballast,non-swivel board racks, basic stereo and i believe a couple other small things. But why would you want to spend 40k+ and not have a bimini which i believe is about 1k or so, what about a spare tire which i also believe is an option you have to pay for, and i personally think a tandem trailer is a must but that is my opinion. There is all sorts of little things that don't come with the base price. Anyways i think you get the idea. Good luck!!!!!
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses. Yah, I agree with you on the "bare" essential upgrades, and expect to pay for them. Maybe my shock factor is based on the upgrades being grossly over priced.
Thanks again.
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-19-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
Find a 1 or 2 year old X-2 loaded with all the extras and you will be much happier in my opinion. Perfect Pass is a must and from my experience, once you get this boat in your garage you are going to be adding things to it all the time. I can't stop! So get one that has the things you want on it when you can still finance those things instead of paying out of pocket for them later. I bought mine for 40K with 27 hours on it!
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
I'm tending to agree with you John . . . my search continues. By the way, sweet looking X-2 in your profile. . . and it sounds like you got a good deal, as well.
Thanks.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-19-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
finance over 15 years and you'll never even notice that additional cost. It'll work out to like $40/month. LOL