Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (kfcflores)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Here are some pics of my son (4) with his uncle and myself. First wakeboard ride. We got up with him on the first try and he loved it. Once he is strong enough he'll be on his own. This is what it's all about.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-17-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Thats awesome man!
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-17-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
Nice. I tried to get my 4 yr old son go surfing with me last weekend but he was a lil too intimidated. I cant wait till he's ready to rip. Congrats !
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-17-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
That is exactly how I started my daughter she too was four. Great job guys!!!!

JJ
Old    robertt            07-17-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
That is awesome! A few days ago I did the same with my daughter who just turned 4...skis thought but same deal. Luckily, she had her big brother to run safety.

Isnt that the coolest thing ever?

http://www.trask.smugmug.com/gallery/1677532/2/82292355
Old     (aircat)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
My daughter is 3 and she is dying to get out on the water. How did you guys get up with the little one? I was thinking a regular start with them between me with her feet on the board. Can you all offer any help? Thanks
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-17-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
Thats it. regular start spread your bindings out a little have them hold into your legs and just go for it. they will want to go slooooow but I have found that a bit faster was much easier on the back, and my daughter.
JJ
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-18-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
All this means is that we are getting old! This is my daughter a few years ago. I found that basically the big bindings keep them up. The good thing is when the face plant, they don't fall very far!!

Upload
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-18-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
Getting your kids to ride is a great accomplishment. The key to starting kids is the speed at which you pull them out of the water and to give them a little "simulation" behind the boat against the teak platform. Before I put them behind the boat, I let them hold the rope and let them put the board against the teak platform. I pull on the rope to simulate the pull of the boat. The teak platform provides a pivot point. When I pull on the rope, they pivot and then come up on the teak. It simulates the pull of the boat. Also, when I take off, I barely apply the throttle.

I'm proud of my daughter, who is 6, that is now riding.

Upload

(Message edited by jroyal on July 18, 2006)
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-18-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
This is my 11 yr old son.

Upload
Upload
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-18-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
I've got to say that even with all of the cool "show off your cool boat" threads, this one is the coolest post ever on this site.

Caffeine, how old was your daugther in that pic?

People, post some more.
Old    swass            07-18-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
P M H - that's the coolest picture ever.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
She was not a fan of her first surf session....
Upload

But seemed to like the tube...
Upload

As far as the Little Man.... Last year was a go...Upload

This year was a NO!
Upload
Old    nor_cal_01super            07-18-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
THese pics are very inspiring. My little man is only 17months and I am jonzin to get him on a board with me. Momma says no go till he is 3... Great to see the sport enjoyed at such a young age.
Caffineguy, you got a little Dallas Friday in the making bro, she is shreding it up!!!
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-18-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
She was six when this was taken. She asks me if she got some serious air. Of coarse I said "Oh yea, HUGE air!!!"

Upload
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-18-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
The bindings were almost up to her knees. Made it hard for her to fall!!

Upload
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-18-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
PMH, Does she get up out of the water on her own strength? or was it a beach/dock start?

Those are some great pictures, does she still enjoy wakeboarding?
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-18-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
So we've got two (PMH and Jeff's) six year old shredder girls. That's great!!

Jeff, your process of teaching her on the back of the deck is what I do for everybody as well. It works great.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Here's a couple from the attempted file...

Just turned 12....
Upload

Just turned 9....
Upload
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-18-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Bitchen thread Kevin loven all the photos. there GREAT insperation for all my kids!!!
JJ
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-18-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
Jason,

She watched my older daughter (now 14) get up. So yes, she got up on her own. Believe it or not, she got up the very first time she tried. I've found that the smaller they are,(as long as they have no fear) the easier they get up. The most important thing was teaching her how to force the rope to her front hip after she pops up. To keep her straight behind the boat.

She actually is more into gymnastics and dancing now. But that's cool. That's what she loves. My oldest is still rippin. She's working on a blind 180. She on a team called Southtown Riders. (www.southtownrriders.com) the future is wide oppen for girl wakeboarders these days. Not a whole lot of them out there.
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-18-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
make that www.southtownriders.com
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
My boy is 7 he got up on the first try i was so pumped
image/bmpUpload
IMG_0322_2.bmp (57.7 k)
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
Great pics. My 7 year old has been giving it a try the last couple of times. It's amazing how they just pop right up.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
Nothing better than getting the kids in on the action. Tough because there is alot going on for them to take in, but with a little help and alot of boat driving, they get it.

The 8yr old, doing his own starts and handling the rope:

Mitch

The 5yr old finally nails it

Gavin

Need some more practice at Tandem Surfing:

crash