Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    jjwiltzius            07-17-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
You don't realize how many white boats there are on the lake until you hit the water with something different.

More pictures at:

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2008

Upload
Upload
Old     (sanger1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Nice boat james! Im sure the yellow stands out on the lake.Have fun breakin it in.

Upload
Old     (sanger1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (michael_h)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-18-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
Uploadnice sangers here's mine v-215 steve I think i saw that boat at the boat center did you purchase that from scott. does it handle good whats the ballast set up.
Old     (michael_h)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-18-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
Uploadnice sangers here's mine v-215 steve I think i saw that boat at the boat center did you purchase that from scott. does it handle good whats the ballast set up.
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
nice copy of the BU XTI
Old     (michael_h)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-18-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
sangers are better built than bu for a lot less$$$$$
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
LOL that is so funny, You are just a regular Johnny Carson. Where do u do you stand up at I want to come and watch
Old    bigrich            07-18-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
I'm with you Michael Sangers build a mighty fine product.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
Nice boat james.
Old     (sanger1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Mike, I bought the boat at Tracy Boat sales from Eric Beck. Took good care of us. Handles excellent!! Very nice to drive.Has front ballast only. Who is scott? Going out to change the oil for the first time. Anyone know what side of the block the drain hose is mounted on?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-19-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
It should be a hose coming from the bottom of the engine, and then clipped to a lifting ring. It should have a brass fitting on the end. .... By method of elimination, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

(Message edited by boarder_x on July 19, 2006)
Old     (sanger1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Wedged my hand to the bottom of the pan and I found the drain plug but it has NO hose attached.Just a plug like sm blk in a car.Have been all around this thing and find no hose coming from the bottom of oil pan. What am I missing...
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-19-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
Oh!!!!... Not cool!!!!

You may not have the easy drain feature. My hose is screwed into the drain plug hole. .... essentially my drain plug is a three foot rubber hose, with a brass cap.

I would guess once you make a huge mess getting the oil out this time, you could put a hose in there, to make it better for the next time.

Unless I'm missing something. Maybe a Sanger owner can chime in.
Old     (sanger1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
Well I figured it out. I talked to Merc. They said that the drain hose is an option and that mine appears to just have a std. drain plug. No hose! Nice... Guess Im pumping it out.Lesson learned.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-19-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Steve,

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=26163&fcat=2C1 6
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-19-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
That may or may not fit, depending on your threads. But there's more on that site. ... I would highly recomend getting one. Also, if you do, then once you pull off the drain plug, you can reattatch this thing.

If you put the tube down through the drain hole in your boat, with an oil pan down there. Then some rags in the boat, for the small mess, then you should be able to get most of it down the tube. Also, you are supposed to run the motor for a while before changing the oil, so it will flow better. If you put this on, BEFORE running the motor, maybe you can save yourself some mess that way too.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-19-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
or pump it out, then install the drain tube
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-19-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
I was thinking that, but buying the pump would them be a waste, to only use it onece. ... Unless you know someone who has one.
Old    four_bars            07-19-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
I HAVE A 2005 SANGER V215. THIS IS OFF THE TOPIC OF OIL, BUT SOME OF YOU SANGER OWNERS MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP. A VIBRATION IN THE STEERING COLUMN, WHEN PULLING SOMEBODY OUT OF THE WATER. ALWAYS AT LOW SPEEDS THEN IT GOES AWAY. ANY IDEAS?
Old    bigrich            07-19-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
John I as well have a V215 06' I posted a few weeks back about the same issue and was told by a few people it is called rudder flutter. Basically caused by the rotational flow of water past the prop and that causes vibration in the rudder which is transformed to the steering. They said maybe try a different prop but mine did not change. I have been assured it is a normal. I agree with you as it can be a little alarming.
Old    bigrich            07-19-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
Also the EZ drain is an option. I have found sucking the oil out of the dipstick tube is just as easy. But you may get more of the oid oil out with the EZ drain
Old     (sanger1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-20-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Thanx for all the info eveyone.Pumped it out last nite. 25.00 electric pump worked fine.No mess, all good.Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-20-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Steve, that boat looks clean. I dig the D-215. Nice set-up. Definitely the best boat around for the cash.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-20-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
I hear Sanger is one of the best built boats on the water(no wars please) sanger owners that have had others chime in. Hows the wake in comp to the mastercrafts or malibus??? I looked at a 210 last night and know next to nothing about them. they do look like a nice solid boat. there much lower profile then there competeters arent they.
"just wondering".
JJ
Old    jfair            07-20-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
IMO thats the reason why i dont like the Sanger is because of their low profile. Makes it harder to weight down and still be safe of not taking on water. plus the look i think isnt quite there
Old    bigrich            07-20-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
IMO Sanger does make a quality boat which is why I chose one when I could have afforded about anything. I also like the idea of a small boat company because of customer service issues. Although not perfect the few issues I have had with my boat have been resolved unfortunately not by the dealer but by the distributor themself. Also there is another thread about the best wakes and I was suprised to see how many chose the V210
Old    bigrich            07-20-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
Jesse I just bought an additional 750 pounds of ballast to add on top of the stock 1000. I'll post on monday to let you know how it worked out it will either be in the "how much ballast is too much" or "show me pictures of wrecked boats" LOL