Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
This year is my 2nd year riding. I can do basic grabs and 180s. I tried a 3 last week and messed up but i dont know why. My friend said it was off axis and looked rad, but i want to know how to land one. Can anybody tell me how to pull of a 3?
Old                08-25-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
its so much easier to do 3's front side on a tramp then im not sure why but when you get to the water it seems so much more uncomfortable to do them that way instead of blindside. help?
Old                08-25-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
heres what you need to try. edge into the wake like you would for a normal w2w jump. instead of popping off the wake like you normally would, ollie off the wake. in other words: push off the tail of the board and bring your front knee up. then pull the handle with BOTH hands to your back hip once you are at the peak of your jump. glue your chin to your front shoulder and look in the direction you are spinning. pass the handle right above your butt. remember to keep your handle as close as possible to the small of your back as you can, preferably against it almost. keep your hand that you are going to pass the handle to really close to your body as well and stick it behind your back as soon as you pull in with both hands. its a quick transition. now all you have to do is spot your landing because the handle should pull you the rest of the way around. keep your eyes up toward the shore or the boat and absorb the landing with your knees.

TIPS:
i believe its important to learn this W2W before trying to go huge on it (just like any trick, except a raley).

trying to spin to early like right as you leave wake will throw you off axis and you will land on your back or face.

Heres a progression you should try first before going w2w. when ever you do you double up, edge out on your heels, pop off the ROLLER (not the DU) and practice your 360 there first. after you can spin good there (not neccesarily riding away), take it 1 wake. put your rope out at like 75ft. let the boat do the edging and pull you in slowly and do a 1 wake 360. when you spin 1 wake you spin fast and early, but helps you get used to the line tension and body position. then shorten your rope up to about 60-65ft and take it wake to wake.

grabbing the board slob helped me wait to spin because i was spinning right off the wake way to early and getting a good digger everytime.

practice your surface 360. you will really get used to the handle position if you do this. the ollie off the roller 360 also helps with getting used to the spin and handle position with really low line tension.

you can think of a 360 like this: pop, pull, pass, look up, land.

just remember, theres more than one way to skin a cat.
Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-26-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
thanks man, ill try it next time im on the lake
Old                09-11-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
i also had a very hard time with a 3's. i had 9 inverts before i could land a three. every time i would spin early and look down, just from being used to looking down to spot my landing on an invert. what actually made me land my first 3 was edging as far out as possible get a good strong cut (right away) into the wake, and totally back off your cut and flatten out totally. try just jumping the wake a couple time when flattening out because it is a little different. you have to ollie off of it insead of popping. but this will help with the line tension. also at the bottom of the wake go ahead and pull the rope in tight rather than holding it there the whole time. this will bring all the tension off the line if you come off edge and pull the rope in at the bottom of the wake. then just ollie off the wake, WAIT , turn your head (looking at shore the whole time) pass the handle (try to tough your hands together so you know you get it) spot your landing and thats it.