Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (chuey75)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-24-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
Anyone else out there have issues with the full digital speedo/tach on 2000-2002 Nautiques. I have a 2001 Pro Air and in the 3 years I've had the boat I've gone through 2 so far and I'll be replacing another one soon. I think CC realized these Teleflex gauges were crap as they went with a new company and setup in 2003. Besides being impossible to read due to the full digital set up the speedo/tach keep burning out. They seem to be OK for about 2 months and at that point they just gradually get worse and worse until they barely ready anything at all. Has anyone had similar issues and if so, how possible is it to upgrade to a newer CC version
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Very common issue. Toss them, and get the Faria design from the factory. Nautique will warranty them for the Faria's if your the first owner. I was able to get half off on mine being the second owner of the boat.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-24-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
Yes over on PlanetNautique.com you can look up Faria gauge swap out. Im right about to swap my'n out.

West Coat Correct Craft sold me the replacment Faria gauges for $150. I dont think they are giving them away for free like Cliff said. Mabey because he hooks the guys at nautique up with free SOBE the give him stuff for free.

The swap out is suposed to be pretty easy if you have perfict pass.