Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-27-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
Has anybody else had noise come from their Monster towers? I have a pretty decent amount of noise. Im not talking about when I go over double ups, but i get squeaking/rattling on anything besides glass.

Did I do something wrong on my install?

I dont know what to do, its getting pretty annoying...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
call Bill
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-27-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Yea that was my first try. It was busy (voicemail) So i posted.

Im not good with delayed gratification...
Old    ilovetrains            06-27-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
Mine would work it's way loose after several hundred miles towing or a few rough days on the lake. I kept an allen wrnech in the glovebox and would check thigs every 4-5 times out.

It would squek from time to time if it had worked a little loose, but tighten it up and good as new.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-27-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
I take my monster down everytime I come off the lake so the boat will fit in the garage. After a day on some really rough water the tower will start to loosen up a little. I sure locktite would solve everything but that would be kind of a pain in my opinion to put on everytime. I carry around an extra allen wrench and check it every once and a great while.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-27-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Tighten it up, it should be silent, rattles are a the warning that something is coming loose.
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
i have heard some squeaking from ours, especially over larger waves or when a heavy rider does a deep water start. Tightening the bolts usually works well
Old    smooth_worm            06-27-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Occasionally I get a few creaks out of mine, only when pulling a rider. Everything is good and tight. Anyone else experience creaks?
Old     (mo_scrilla)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-27-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
I installed mine a few weeks ago. Not a peep. I have tightened all the allen and mounting hardware 2 times so far the foot bolts were a little loose both times.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-28-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
I tighten everything or at least check every time I am out there Yet it still makes noise (I think a creak is a good way of describing it).
I will have to look into it further...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-28-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
if the dealer installed locking bolts, make sure those are tight (they are to the inside of the upper joints, connecting to the actual towing section. If there are not two inner bolts, you might have a dealer throw them in. When we did our install, they asked us if we wanted these two extra bolts, so that there would be no noise with larger riders. Never had any issues.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-28-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
There are a few different options for washers that will stop the creaking. Nylon, stainless, and anti-seize used in the right combination will stop the creaking. Download the installation instructions from Monster's and send them a note. They will take care of you, great customer service.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-29-2006, 5:55 AM Reply   
JB,

Sorry we missed your call, May thru July is super busy and some calls do go to voicemail but we should be getting back pretty quick. Give Tom a call at 877-77-Tower as I'm on the road throuh late today. Try to isolate where the noise is coming from if possible. It's most likely the rotating collar in the top section but tightenging the set screws will stop that. The heim joints are a very unlikely but possible suspect. We'll help you figure it out.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-29-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
set screws....yeah, thats what I meant....
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-29-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
i called and talked with Tom. Went over a couple different things and he is shipping out new beefier set screws today. Its real easy to talk to those guys and they know what to do, its not some kid that worked in lumber last week...\

Thanks again Bill and Tom!
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-29-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
I had a Monster on my 95 ski supreme. These folks are super great to work with. One thing to consider and I haven't seen it posted is if you have speakers/lights the wires that run inside of the tower will make noise by hitting the inside of the tower. Not really sqeaking but a sound that bothered me until I figured out what in the heck it was.... Mine sqeaked as well until I got the new bolts, this will help considerably!
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-29-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
The set screws on mine don't seem to hold that well, when I put the tower down one side rotates while the other holds. I also get quite a bit of noise from mine. I guess I'll have to call as well. You get even more when you grab it and shake it by hand.
Old     (crownline79)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Does anybody have a problem with the racks sliding down the tower? both of mine slide down and are destroying the tower, we have tightened the heck out of them. I think i am going to drill a hole to put a stop to it. As far as the tower rattles go, i have to tighten it up before i get to the lake and again after a couple of pulls. Finnaly broke a head off the end of a bolt from tightning all the time. I had the tower installed so hopfully they can fix my tower permanent for free when i get a chance to take it in.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Rob

My set screws allways loosen.......

Troy I drilled through the rack into the tower for that reason
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-17-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
Mine, never slide down. They should be clamped tighter, or use a different insert if needed, I would call Monster, they should be able to trouble shoot a solution.