Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    abadsvt            07-05-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hello all my brother is looking to buy a boat so my being a part of this forum offerd to help him find the right boat. Locally he found 2 boats. One is a 2001 Mastercraft prostar 205 v-drive with tower, decent speakers, tower lights, and really clean upholsetery. Looks nice. Two is a 2000 malibu sunsetter vlx v-drive with tower, tower speakers, always garaged, really clean. Both are priced around 25k. They both will negotiate a little and might get them for more like 24k. He really likes the mastercraft but he knows the history on the malibu. Is there any pro's and cons to each boat? Which boat will hold its resale value better? What about a bigger stock wake? Thanks Josh
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-05-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
Both great boats, I've spent some time in both models. May come down to personal prefrence. In the opinion of most, the 205v hull is the best wake, period.
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       07-05-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
Yo Josh I call bs on your repeated posts. You wasted our time with your questions about our boat, made us send you 50 emails only to have you back out last minute on the deal. We both know why you bailed, and it wasn’t the boat… Then the next day you are back posting about $1,800.00 speakers?! NOW, your “brother” is buying a boat?? Sorry to call you out, but I don’t want anyone else to be scammed by you. After doing research you’ve made several posts about a different boats perhaps leading all those people on with your shenanigans. Luckily we sold our boat this past Monday to a serious buyer. Beware this guy is a clown!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-05-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Josh, if you're serious about buying a boat, stop trying to talk yourself out of the 205 hull. If you're looking for someone to tell you it isn't a great wake, you won't find one. It's awesome, and, from the sounds of it (3 or more threads on old prostars or x-stars), it's the wake that excites you the most. So just trust your gut, find a good deal, and go with it.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-05-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I love that Mailbu hull aswell, but something tells me if you go that route you'll always wonder if the grass would have been greaner on the other side.

P.S. Where'd you find these deals, so one of my friends can snatch whichever one you don't end up with?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-05-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
I have to call BS on Josh too.
Old    abadsvt            07-05-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!! I AM LOOKING FOR A BOAT TO BUY BUT SINCE MY BROTHER HAS BEEN SHOPPING WITH ME HE DECIDED TO BUY A BOAT ALSO. I HAVE DECIDED TO STAY WITH THE MASTERCRAFT. I AM NEW TO WAKEBOARDING BOATS SO THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING ALL THE QUESTIONS BECAUSE I LIKE TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT SOMETHING BEFORE I BUY. JUST THE WAY I AM. MY BROTHER ASKED ME TO ASK ALL OF YOU THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BOATS BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT MASTERCRAFT MAINLY AND HE WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE MALIBU. I DIDN'T HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT MALIBU'S. SO THATS WHY WE ASKED YOU GUYS.

SECONDLY, FIFI I TRIED TO BUY YOUR BOAT BUT I DIDN'T QUALIFY FOR THE FINANCING AT YOUR DEALERSHIP. I HAVE TO GET A CO-SIGNER AND GO THROUGH A BANK DOWN WHERE I LIVE WHICH TAKES A FEW DAYS AND YOUR HUSBAND TOLD ME SOMEONE ELSE WAS INTERESTED IN THE BOAT. I TOLD HIM THAT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BECAUSE I WASN'T SURE 100% THAT I WAS GOING TO QUALIFY AND I DIDN'T WANT TO SCREW YOU OUT OF SELLING YOU BOAT. I WAS INTERESTED IN YOUR BOAT OTHERWISE I WOULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR ALL THE PHOTOS. I'M SORRY THAT YOU HAD TO TAKE SOME TIME TO SEND ME SOME PICS OF THE BOAT YOU WERE TRYING TO SELL. ALSO I WAS ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SPEAKERS BECAUSE I WANTED SOMETHING BETTER THAN WHAT YOU PUT ON THE BOAT. ANYWAYS I AM GLAD YOU SOLD THE BOAT. JUST DON'T TALK TRASH TELLING EVERYONE TO BEWARE OF ME BECAUSE I ENDED UP NOT BUYING YOUR BOAT.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-05-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
I find typing in all caps to be very effective
Old    abadsvt            07-05-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
Thanks DJ i was hoping someone would notice
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-06-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
I think it's time to start a separate boat comparo topic, where these pointless threads can be argued out indefinitely by the hardcore owner-goggles types.

This is also the 3rd or 4th thread in a week comparing these exact same hulls - old VLX/Vride vs PS205V/Xstar/X2/X1.

Just demo some boats already, and quit trying to get opinions from strangers online. It's also a good idea to see what you qualify for before wasting your and the sellers' time.

dj- LOL.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-06-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
How old are you Josh?
Old    abadsvt            07-06-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
I am 25. Why do you ask?