Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-03-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
Are ski supreme's a good boat or can I find a better boat for about the same price?? I am talking new.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 220sp sky supreme direct drive and it's been an awesome boat. Reliable with a pretty good wake and some great options, it's alot of boat for the money. Upload
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-03-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
I went and looked at the v232 today and i couldn't believe the price. How much ballast does the boat come with. Sad to say but the dealer I went to doesn't know a dang thing about the boats they sell.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-03-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
my buddy just bought a 2003 (i think) sky and he LOVES the wake full Ballast and ten people I "ALMOST" couldnt handle it
JJ
Its a V drive though
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-03-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
Did you go to the new dealer in Perris? One of the distribution reps at the boat show was telling me that Supreme is making some changes in their company and told me about that new dealership. I have a 2000 ski supreme and the only real issue i have is wishing it was a V-drive instead of DD. I've only weighted mine with maybe 1000-1200 lbs and the wake is still decent. I believe murray used a supreme in the video "detention" if that means anything to you.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-03-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   

quote:

can I find a better boat for about the same price?

sanger v210
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-03-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
whats the price tag???
JJ
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
agreed on the Sanger V210. Great boat, though the bow sits a little low in the water.

Murray did ride a Supreme in Detention, forgot about that...
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-03-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
I liked the Supreme over the Sanger because of the depth of the seats. I have long legs and it was a little more comfortable to me. Sangers are great though. I have the V220 Sky. Love it. Check my profile. Send me a PM if you have any more questions.
AnT
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-03-2006, 10:57 PM Reply   
I have a buddy who just bought a V230 Ski Supreme. We test drove it together. There were a few limitations to our test drive. The perfect pass was not installed. We only had a total of 4 people in the boat. It was our first time and we did not have any additional ballast to play with.

I should add that the Sky Supreme came with the Black Scorpion 330HP engine, the Tige would have had the GM Vortec 340HP. I thought that the Sky Supreme had a quieter engine when you are sitting in the boat. It just purred like a kitten.

The wake with the two stock rear tanks full was very undersized. I was sure that a boat with a ballast system would produce better. It was very small and too gentle to get much lift from. I think with a little more time and some additional weight, we could have made it better. The seating was nice. The vinyl felt sturdy, but soft and comfortable. The overall feel of the boat was not as firm as I expect a new boat to be when going through the double ups the boat would shudder more than I liked.

The swim step was loose where it attaches to the hull. What is going to happen to that in 3 years? The swim step was very, very small.

Keep in mind that I have major Tige owner goggles on. The issue that impressed me the least was the price. Although it was well equipped with Rubicon 250 tower speakers and perfect pass and an adjustable wakeplate, it came in at 47K. It came with a tandem axle trailer with only brakes on 1 axle. A similarly equipped Tige 22V would have run 51K. The Tige would have brakes on both axles, FWIW.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on July 03, 2006)
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-04-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Yes the dealer is in perris.The price for the v232 is $41500.looks like a sweet boat.I just couldn't get any questions answered. They seemed not to know anything about the boats they are selling.My #1 question is how much ballast comes with sky package? everything else is obvious
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-04-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
It depends on the model, the 220sp sky/direct drive only carries 300lbs in a hard tank and comes with a guage and switch. The v-drives come with alot more. If you have questions call Supreme they were very nice on the phone when I had questions.(559)834-1810 or (510)651-8400 which is the number they are advertising in wakeboarding mag for supreme but it is actually Kal Kustoms which has some new connection to Supreme?
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-04-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help.I'm looking into possibly purchasing the v232.But first I have to research every little aspect.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-04-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
If you looking to get a deal on a boat go with a two or three yr old boat and get a high line boat instead of a lower priced model. Even a 4 yr old MB, Malibu, Natique, is still a better boat for the same money. You can find hundreds of people that think they want a boat, find out that the upkeep and storage is just too much, or their family isnt in to it. Thier are several 4 & even 5 yr old boats with less than 100 hrs on them for sale everywhere. And with good credit any boat broker can finance a used boat even if its being sold private party.

Good luck & happy fourth..
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       07-04-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have an '04 V208 and love the boat. I think it's tough to beat for the price. Mine is the one on the right. My buddy's V220 is on the leftUpload
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-04-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
I would agree with Phillip's comments. I think a used boat is a great idea. Since you are in CA their are tons of used boats to choose from. I bought a 2004 with 50 hours and got a lot more boat than what I could have afforded new. Its a good option, Just make sure to test drive and ask lots of questions.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-04-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Kelly
what lake was that pict taken on??
JJ
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       07-04-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
Rollins Lake at Greenhorne campground memorial weekend of '04.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-04-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
For those looking for a great wakeboard boat and value... Go witht he V208 or the V220... Stay far away fromt he V230 or V232. They are big boats which have a bit more space.. but no matter what you do... it will not match the wake shape and size of the 208/220. Test drive and see for yourself! I have the V220.. no matter how much weight you add.. the wake just gets bigger! Cant say the same for the 230/232... cant get a nice clean wake out of either of them!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-04-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
"You can find hundreds of people that think they want a boat, find out that the upkeep and storage is just too much, or their family isnt in to it."

Or people get hurt, and decide to sell there boat. Mine only got 25 hours and is a year old.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-04-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
Huh you mean the "keepup"
Bob put sismic 12's in his boat with NVS tower speakers I gotta have that what ever will I do
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-06-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
No question that you get more boat for a better value buying used. I'm doing my research right and it looks like the only way to go. Plus, you can get into one that will hold its value better. It's no secret, but owning a boat is a bad investment as far as money is concerned. Might as well let someone else pay for the first three years of major depreciation. Just takes little more time to find the right boat vs. buying new. You're money ahead buying used.