Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-31-2009, 6:09 AM Reply   
Anybody want to ride the HBR today? I can have the boat at the launch by 2pm or later.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
Think I got swine flu so I am probably out all week .
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-31-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
i wish i would have gotten on here earlier, im down to ride HBR any day (classes tues, wed evenin, and thurs.) other than that, i am free. got beers, gas, and possibly some bow candy. maybe even a girl who shreds
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-31-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
I knew I should have taken your cell the other day Clark. So just class tomorrow during the day? If you want to ride tomorrow night send me a text 727 482 9717. I can be at the river 5:30 tomorrow night.

Jared, if you want to come a little later, let me know.
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-01-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
hey my number is 813_523_7928, warning: my phone sucks, i have to say to text me, as much as i hate them, they are better than calling cause it only works on speaker which also doesnt work very well!
Tue/Thurs:8-920,1-4,6-9(late class,hot girls, fun time, cannot miss)
wed:6-9PM (forgot i don't have early class that day)

now you all know my life, lol
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-01-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Whats up for the Labor Day weekend? Anything? Please no "its too crazy to take a boat out on Labor Day" posts - they are lame, and they mean you suck.

So - anyone doing anything good? St Johns is always glass - Im sure the Glory Hole will too...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-01-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Depending on how I feel I may take the boat out this weekend but it turns out I have a upper respitory infection so right now it is just sleep sleep sleep.
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       09-01-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
I'm definitely taking my boat out for L.Day wknd. Just pulled it in from Oklahoma yesterday and got storage for it this afternoon near Westchase.
Upload
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-02-2009, 4:40 AM Reply   
Why don't we all get together on the HBR? Or I'm not opposed to putting mine in salt for one day. We could get all the boats together and convoy to Beer Can! How bitchin would it be to have about 5 Wake boats thumpin toons while rollin up to beer can???
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-02-2009, 5:46 AM Reply   
Im down for sure!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-02-2009, 5:47 AM Reply   
DeeCee - Bourbon will rip through it in no time!!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
+1 for Beer Can, but then again I have a salt boat and if I didn't I would tell you noooooooooo way.
Old     (jb06gravity)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm up for meeting up this weekend. Pulling down from Wisconsin tomorrow, finally. Scott, lets meet up man, nice talkin to ya the other day. I'm off from tomorrow and don't work until the 16th again! :-) Looking forward to a nice 20+ hour drive.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-02-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
You pansies have got to get off the "no" saltwater kick. I had NO issues with putting my boat in the salt - and I didnt have a "salt series" boat at all, just a regular old Wakesetter VLX. Its all in how you maintain it.

Do you honestly think that all saltwater boats are all outboard engines? V8 engines have been in all different kinds of boats since boats evolved from the steam engine. The key is responsibility and proper maintenance - part of proper maintenance being a flush kit with Salt Away.
That said, Duffy and John are in - who else?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-02-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
Hey - welcome to Florida JB!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
This from the guy who hates to help clean up after a good salt run..............
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-02-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
hey if people are down to drop the boats in the salt, we can all dock up at my house on the alafia. plannin on taking the 290 sea ray out to beer can and droppin anchor. could tie the boats up and just party out that way. Everybody is more than welcome to pull the boats out and we can clean all the boats out at my barn(good water pressure, pressure washer, and everything else we need to get rid of all the salt!)
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
Clark - Sounds like a plan. What time you planning on going out? Who else is in?
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
Clark has got a nice set up/plan. I dont have a problem with my boat in salt i go to beer can a few times a year .Its my trailer I worry about thats why i put in at lowry park and make the run down the river to the bay. works out nice. You still have to get rid of all the salt spray when you get done wich does suck but its all part of it i guess. Its sad though I avoid the water during the holiday weekends just to many crazy people out there with no idea of what they are doing.
Old     (jb06gravity)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Thanks Ted!

Hey Clark, I'm in. Not familiar w/ the areas there though so send me the address and I'll GPS it. When does every one plan on meeting up?
Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       09-02-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
I will most likely be down for beer can whatever day you guys go... if you're afraid to put your precious wakeboats in salt I can cart you around in my I/O.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-02-2009, 8:52 PM Reply   
I just moved to Tarpon Springs and would really like to ride with you guys. Is anyone going out friday or sunday? lmk where so I can meet you.
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       09-02-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
So has anybody decided what day(s) you guys are going out this weekend? If I can get the time off work, I would be interested in going!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-03-2009, 5:48 AM Reply   
I dont mind helping to clean up - I just live two hours away from you DeeCee and your "clean up" method borders on OCD! Lets take a vote - how many boat owners actually take their seats out after every run, wipe them down and store them in their living room?
I like Clarks plan - sounds like a good spot to start and end fo sho!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-03-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
If this happens, It would be nice to do it Saturday. A couple of my peepes can only go that day! What day is everyone thinking?

Rob- I'll call you tonight...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
I would rather do it Sat. so Sunday or Monday I can take it to the river for a good flushing.

And yes, Can I have boat owners chime in and tell me if it is really OCD that I take my seats out after each use which the point is now mute seeing as I left them in for 2 days, YES IT ONLY TOOK 2 DAYS, to get that nasty yellow sh*t on them where they meet each other from getting wet after having leaves fall between them.

Either way. Let's do this.
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
sat. sounds like the best plan. I will have the grill and everything out to cook up some ribs, chicken, fish, etc. and boozing is encouraged (need some relatively sober drivers, i mean it is labor day weekend so fuzzy's will be out) the adress is 9929 riverview drive. back in da woods. Located off of Riverview Drive inbetween us 301 and 75 (river) or 301 and us 41 if your driving over. and yes DeeCee that is OCD but you can also talk everybody else cause how clean the boat is! :-D got a tramp to practice wakeboard trickies but its double springed so if u mess up... you will fly off
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
9929 riverview drive, riverview florida, 33578, its on a corner leadin to three houses. just got new pressure washer cap and hose and shot down my trailer and she's looking fresh! just let me know what everybody wants to do. i will hop back on here later this evening to check whats up
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Clark - Where do we put in? Do we show up at your house with boat on trailer or put in and drive the boats to your place?
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
if anybody has facebook, find me on there because i check that more...sadly. got event up on there so i can see what ladies i know wanna go... and maybe some dudes, but hopefully not (names clark anderson) and of course my picture... IM ON A BOAT MOTHA....
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       09-03-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Clark, I look you up on FB, came up with 1,400 people, narrowed it down to Tampa Bay, then broadened to FL, and couldn't find anyone on a boat. :-(
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-03-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Told you it was OCD. To each their own my man - just sayin - your cleaning steps are unique.

I think saturday's good too. I probably need a different boat now that Ive been talkin shiat on DeeCee's cleaning techniques!!
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
ya forgot to join a network. working on knockin that out right now, waitin on an email. it wouldnt let me do riverview so i guess im going with hillsborough
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
i dont have a ramp and if the boat ramps get gnarly and parking sucks, you can drive boat to my dock and have somebody drive truck and trailer to the house. theres plenty room for them all over the place... i also have a secret boat ramp i know of but you will have to call me to get that one :-D
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
C'mon Ted. All in good fun. Your'e right I guess I am OCD.
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2009, 12:03 AM Reply   
DeeCee - I will totally back you up on the cleaning techniques man. I've always kept my boat pretty clean and now living out here and storing it outdoors is killing me and I've only had it here a few days..

Keeping it clean pays off in the end IMO.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-04-2009, 5:55 AM Reply   
Scotty - I kept a clean boat too, I was crazy serious about it. Im just saying DC adds a few steps. Its his boat though and thats the deal - doesn't free him from some jokes though!

Clark - I google mapped your address. The picture for your driveway / address shows that your trash service needs to step it up a bit! Too funny.

Any other boats in on this adventure?
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-04-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
yea, lets make a list of who is actually planning on going out... if nobody is truly down to do it, should plan on a day at HBR or something for more riding.(friend has slightly private lake out by lake keystone that might be a possibility) Also, low tide is at 9AM so i know that affects you inboard people a little bit cause its not the deepest river ever. so all who are in, lets figure it out today so we can change plans if necessary..
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-04-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
yea and its all a bunch of burr cans, bottles, jack D's, crown, and then all the cheap liquors for the girls
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-04-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
I leave for Costa Rica for the week at 6:30am tomorrow, so I am out. Have fun and I will you guys up when I get back.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-04-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Where in Costa Rica? I stayed in Manuel Antonio - very cool place. Warning - you are heading down right on the line of when their rainy season starts... and buddy, that kinda rain aint no joke. I spent 3 hrs in the sun, and 7 days in the arin. Still fun though, I would go back in a second - even with the rain.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-04-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
I'm still down for beer can but at this point I'm just going to roll with Rob, Rob by the way I'm going with you! Now if everyone wants to hit the HBR for ridin I'm down also. I'm in no matter what! Holla...
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       09-04-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
I'm down to kick it where ever so count me if its open invite. I talked to Justin (JB06Gravity) last night and he is getting in to town today and he is down to bring his boat out as well...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
Scotty - Thanx for backing me up man :-). Your def welcome on my boat. I am thinking maybe we either pick a time to meet at the DI ramp or just all meet up out at beercan. I know I wanna sleep in tomorrow as I still feel pretty shi**y and were hoping to feel a bit better by now. I am thinking I can be out there prolly around 10 - 11ish. Let me know what yall wanna do............
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-04-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
Yeah Ted, I'm expecting quite a bit of rain. Because of the time to travel between places, we are just going to be staying up in the Northern area of CR. We are doing Arenal and Santa Elena. The first few nights we are staying at the foot of an active Valcano. Then it's on to the Cloud and Rain Forests.

We were going to try to head to Drake Bay and do some diving at Cano Island. It sounds awesome, White-tip sharks and sea turtles.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-04-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Duffy - what? A little salt on the pretty boat will do it good man!

Skubz - You kiting at Arenal? Supposedly one of the premier freshwater spots for that sport.

Im coming down tonight or tomorrow and can't swim to Beer Can.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-04-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
"You kiting at Arenal? Supposedly one of the premier freshwater spots for that sport."

Really??? I might need to look into it, thanks. So far rapelling, zip line and whitewater rafting are on the agenda.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
Skubs - Im jealous man. Wanna trade places? You can take as many sets as you want
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Looks like a definite plan has not been established. I will be heading out around 10ish. Call or PM if ya wanna ride........
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-04-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
well pm me your number, i will be hangin out all day at the river house so if you guys wanna swing by, cook out and hit a few sets on the trampoline, just give me a call. not sure what we will do boat wise because most people backed out on bringing there boats for some crazy reason so we'll just let it flow! my house is inbetween 301-and 75 on north side
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2009, 4:23 AM Reply   
well if no one is doing the beer can island deal I will prolly hit up the river to save myself the pain of doing a salt clean.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-05-2009, 4:52 AM Reply   
Yo Yo Yo! We are meeting up at Williams Park at noon over on 41. As far as me not putting in; everyone backed out so there is no point in taking my boat. As for the Alafia where clark is talking about, even at high tide which is at 3:22 today, it's still shallow. I thought way more peeps were going to go and bring their boats. I could care less because I'm going to get F'ed up! I can ride anytime...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2009, 4:56 AM Reply   
Where is Williams park and what are you guys doing if there will be no boats?
Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       09-05-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
I'll be putting my boat in at williams park. I can take ~3 more people after duffy.
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-05-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
dibs on a spot if lewis forgets his jet ski? ill call u guys since your prob droppin in in like 15 minutes
Old     (nhradrag)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-06-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
Hey duffy pretty sure I met you at beer can on sat. This thread is genius. Steve how you been, its Tim, Jarod Howards friend. You rode with me a couple times years past. Lookin forward to riding with all of you!!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-07-2009, 5:28 AM Reply   
Who's ridin where today???
Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       09-07-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
Tim, You the one with the "Chick Magnet" kids?
Old     (nhradrag)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-07-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Thats me robert. They are available for rent.... for a small fee!!
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-07-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
anybody up for riding this week? lets get something figured out. i will do some cable for sure. boat if anybody is planning on taking out
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-07-2009, 5:42 PM Reply   
I have an announcement!

This week I will be headed back to my hometown in West Virginia. Due to some recent misfortune with my girlfriend and lack of employment in the area, I am going home where it’s cheap and I have more connections. I’m sure you will all miss my boat more than me and as a rider I completely understand. I have enjoyed my time out on the water with all of you and couldn’t ask for better friends. I wish I could stay but hopefully things will turn around and I’ll be back. At least you guys have two boats to make up for one leaving (JB and Scotty). I love the sport, if it wasn’t for dreevs I would never be doing this, so I don’t know whether to thank him or kick his ass. Because wakeboarding has cost me my relationship and caused me to go broke. LOL!I know it's all the sudden but it's been in the making and I didn't want to lay my drama on others. Anyway I just didn’t want to skip town with out saying good bye. I have most of your numbers and I will hit you guys up when I’m down for a visit and need a pull.

Keep killin it-

Duffy-
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       09-07-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
Well its a shame I didnt get to meet you. Good luck!
Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       09-07-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
No That sucks man.
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       09-07-2009, 9:09 PM Reply   
That sucks dude. Good luck in WV Duff! I just wanna say thnx for making me feel welcome around here as a newbie and kicking it on your boat.

On a more pleasant note, I'm interested in taking my boat out tomorrow (its no wakesetter, but still a good time) and anyone and everyone is invited for pulls if interested. I get off work tomorrow around 4PM and thinking about hitting HBR from about 5 - sundown? If for some reason I don't get out tomorrow I plan on making a mid week run sometime this week so I'll give heads up as soon as I know I'm headed out fo sho.

Anyone interested txt/call me here: 580.272.7420
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-07-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear this Duff. Good luck with what ever comes your way. You know where to find us when you come back down.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-08-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
scotty. sent you a txt. Trying to meet up so I can come ride and get to know people
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       09-08-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
I have school today till 7. I am good for tomorrow if you are free Scotty
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-08-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO duffy, come live with me and whore yourself out in south tampa somewhere or somethin. callin u later... otherwise, scotty, i will ride with u this week anytime. i had/have class today but tomorrow im free until 6pm and thurs got class til 4pm. wanna shred either of those days?
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-08-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
Damn Duff, I just got a little choked up. If I were you I would moe to Tampa and live somewhere on Nebraska or near the spot and slang rocks. I have heard business is up in those areas.

Give me a shout on my cell. I have the same number, just different phone and don't have your number. Maybe we can work something out with my shades before you leave.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sucks to hear of your situation Duff. Hope all looks up from here.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-09-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
Thanks all! I will explain everything later and it will all make sense. But right now I got's to do what I got's to do!

Damn Matt I'm not that desperate, financially I'm pretty good, but if I ever have to slang rock I will hook you up!

Thanks Dee Cee, everything is up man, just got to adjust my sails a little, the wind doesn't always blow the way you want, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-09-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Just leave your boat here. You wont need it where you are going. Ill take care of it for you.
Anyone want a pull on a wakesetter?
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-10-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
anyone riding today or friday? 7275973223. lmk. I really want to take a set.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Boat is getting serviced and the ballast upgraded so I may be boatless for the next couple weeks. Scotty , what days and time you looking to get out this weekend?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-10-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
I saw it under the garage at Ski Boat Solutions yesterday.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-10-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Dee Cee, nice. What bags are you going w/?
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-10-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
yea, who all is in favor of keeping the duffs boat at my house and just keeping it clean and respectfully sacking the of it every day and putting a low...understandable few hundred hours on it this month?
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Matt - not 100% sure yet. I would like to do the fly high kit but it is pretty pricey but I have a feeling after pricing out everything else it may actually be comparable.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-10-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
how big are the fly high sacs. what boat do you have? forgot to put my number up so you guys can call me if you are going out. I'm always good for coaching, gas, and I can get pretty crazy about cleaning boats so I can help out w/ that too.
727 597 3223

(Message edited by steelesrt on September 10, 2009)

(Message edited by steelesrt on September 10, 2009)
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       09-10-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
All in favor for starting a Tampa6 thread?