Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cromulius)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-16-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
I use a hydrodyne ski boat which sits pretty low in the water and am thinking about upgrading to something with high sides so I won't take on any water when weighted down. I run about 1500 pounds plus passengers. The old supra ski boat has a darn big hull kind of like the new wake boats. Does anyone know what the old supra weighted wake looks like?
Old     (becci)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-17-2007, 2:05 AM Reply   
Here's a pic of me surfing behind our 1991 Supra Marauder. We use around 1400 pounds ballast bags plus 1-2 passengers. If we have more passengers we need to unfill one of the ballast bags since we've found too much weight destroys our wake.
Upload
Upload
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       09-17-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
Old DD Launch.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (cromulius)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
Thanks, I need to take some pics of my wave so I can compare a picture to a real life wave. Anyway I assume no danger of taking on water and swamping the old supra with that kind of weight. Even turning around to pic up a surfer makes me worried as the water comes over the port side gunnel when a wake boat goes by or slowing by my own wake. Hope to never have the insurance claim and ruin the water.