Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mjlee1985)      Join Date: May 2012       09-02-2012, 7:32 PM Reply   
Looking at a Malibu wakesetter 23lsv and was wondering if anyone had any comments/concerns on this boat/ hull? Is it the diamond hull and are there any problems that are common? Thanks
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-02-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
I owned a 2001 LSV (same hull) and I liked the wake a lot. We ran 400's in the back compartments, 700 up front, and 300 in the locker and the wake was very nice. Also throws a good surf wave when weighted properly. It was a great boat. I wasn't a huge fan of the wedge so we hardly used it. I am a huge nautique guy and that was the first malibu I ever owned and it made me a believer in malibu boats. Super solid.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-03-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
I could be wrong but all 23' Malibu's before 2004 were diamond hull boats. That includes the wakesetter LSV, sunscape 23 and hatever other 23' vdrive models they had.

J-rod or one of the other CIE guys use to have one back in the day I think. Maybe they can chime in.

Also, for wakeboarding I would assume it has a near identical wake to the 21' vlx's with the diamond hull. If so I seem to remember people saying that the wedge is a must have. You really need to use it to get any kick out of the wake. Without it, the wake is really rampy I think.
Old     (Mjlee1985)      Join Date: May 2012       09-03-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies I'll try and find out more. I'm pretty sure the diamond hull is not the one you want for wake boarding.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-03-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjlee1985 View Post
Thanks for the replies I'll try and find out more. I'm pretty sure the diamond hull is not the one you want for wake boarding.
The diamond hull is the "ski" hull as compared to the non-diamond or "wake" hull. That said, I think the diamond hull is plenty capable of throwing a good wakeboard wake. It probably just take more weight.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
The 2000 23 LSV produces a great wake with the wedge. I had a 2001 and the wake was a beast. Gotta have the wedge though.