Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-17-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
I have been shopping for used boats and I have run across what might be a good deal on an 05 V drive with 100 hours which seems really low. Obviously the boat wasnt used a lot but are there any specific issues that might come from this down the road?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
Do they have service records? I don't think it is too low at all as long as they used the boat every year and winterized it correctly every year. That is jsut under 15 hours a year which could mean the boat was used 4 or 5 times a summer. Plenty of use to keep things good.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2012, 5:17 PM Reply   
I agree a few years ago I bought a 95 super sport with only 250 hours on it and no problems. As long as they kept up changes the oil and that stuff every year it should be fine.
Old     (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-17-2012, 7:09 PM Reply   
I just purchased a 2006 Tige with 68 hrs on it. The boat was kept in a storage unit and is in great condition and runs GREAT!! The problems I found happened to be with the trailer. The bunk carpet was dry rotted and came off when we put the boat back on the trailer after our test drive. But the BIG isssue was the dry rotted tires. I diddn't notice how bad they were because they were well Armoralled. One threw the tread while on the way to the launch this past weekend and $800.00 later we had new wheels and tires. Look at the trailer very closely, could be a good negotiating point.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-17-2012, 9:50 PM Reply   
My parents bought an '07 Malibu in '10 that had 60 hours on it. The boat was immaculate and looked like it was brand new, but over time they have found out that with limited use, the new boat problems do not come up with the original owner and they slowly start popping up, but the problem is they are no longer in warranty. They have probably put about $3,000 into motor and trailer issues. They do trailer heavily though, probably in the neighborhood of 5000 a year, the majority in 2-3 long trips.