Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-30-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
I have been wakeboarding with some cheap cheap ski rope and handle for about 2 years. Gonna spring for some bulletline wakeboard line.

What exactly will I feel different? Will my wake to wakes be different?
Old    malibu73            05-30-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
You will feel a world of difference. I left my rope at home last summer and tried to use a ski rope. I could barley make it across the wake. I would assume that you will have to give a lot less effort to make it w2w now.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-30-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
For a full season I couldn't build an edge or go wake to wake with our cheaper ski rope. The very day I bought a spectra line I hit consistent wake to wakes - and I don't think my technique changed much. I think the no-stretch makes a world of difference.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
Be prepared to have a solid pull, which is hard to describe but you'll load it the same, and at the wake it will continue on the pull you came in with, without "slinging" you forward a bit. But then it actually seems to pull you a bit at the end. Nonetheless, you're in for a more consistent pull, and less tired arms so early.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-30-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
Are you guys serious?

I don't think it's a big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Maybe cause when I learned, all we had were stretchy ski ropes.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
If you go from stretch to spectra, you don't notice as much of a difference as going back to stretch from spectra. You lose a noticeable amount of pull and control when the rope recoils. There is a reason spectra was incorporated into the other watersports as well, solid consistent pull.
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
I second A-dub. going from stretch to no stretch will just give you a move predictable pull. Going back is another story. I had to use a back up ski rope last year, and I could feel the recoil on it. It throws you a bit off balance in air
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-30-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
I agree. I left my rope AND vest at school for the summer and decided to go out the other day. I didn't remember feeling that big of a difference when I first started using a non-stretch line! It was kind of fun, but a humbling experience at the same time, going from riding behind a Tige RZ2 a week before to a Bayliner with no ballast. The rope felt like a rubberband! The photographer was a friend that didn't know how to work my camera right.

Upload
Upload
Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-01-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
So I won't see any better pop? I thought people always said becuase of no stretching that you loaded the line better and had more pop.