Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sleepy10)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-05-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
Callin out to Minnesota surfers!! I'm moving back to the twin cities at the end of the month and I've been surfing all summer in north idaho with duffy n I'm hooked. I wanna keep riding, even got a board, just no wake. I can chip in for gas, bring beer, or help clean for some pulls. I'll be back by the 1st of sept n wanna get out as much as I can before the lakes freeze us out. Looking for people who love to ride whether it's weekends or week nights... I'm a student so schedule isn't a huge issue and I can travel to meet up in any of the suburbs or country lakes.
Old     (sleepy10)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-11-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Bump. Come on guys, two weeks n I'm back there!!! Need some help finding people who love to ride!
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-12-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
What do you ride? I'm out on the st croix river and even though the boat is usually pretty full -- I'd be up for trying out new boards or bringing someone out that's a "wake-expert."
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-12-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
He has a Shred stixx comp1 custom. I don't know if I would call him a wake expert, but he's a really nice guy who loves to surf:-)
Old     (sleepy10)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
Yeah, not much a wake expert... i've been spoiled with a couple pretty monster waves up here. I ride regular and the comp I is a pretty rad surf style-- part of the reason I'm hooked on this sport. I'm back in mn full time aug 28th n would love to come hang on St croix.
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-13-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Hit me up with a private message when you're back... I'm less than a mile from the water and try to surf 2-3 days/week. I don't weight the boat for goofy riders (so you're in luck!) We're a group of mid 20s guys and girls that are by no means experts but for sure have a good time.
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-13-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Oh yeah -- and we're old school. I've got an 87 Supra so if you're a boat snob (I know plenty of them....) we might not be your scene. Just thought i'd throw that out there. ;)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-13-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
He is regular footed so I bet he would love to ride!
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-13-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Duffy -- you ride behind a challenger? My ex girlfriend had a wake challenger and I was never able to get it to make a decent surf wave!
Old     (sleepy10)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
He upgraded to a ski centurion avalanch with custom ballast system... The other one I ride is a tige 22v with just a few big bags. It's been fun but would just love to keep riding. I'll def get at ya when I get back there
Old     (sleepy10)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-29-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
Hey I'm back in cities!!!! Need some pulls so get at me if ya can help mack.deibel@gmail.com or 6128028035 n leave a message
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       09-10-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Rob - Boat snob.... I know nothing....
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       09-10-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
Rob - I'm always waiting for my invite on the Wednesday evening sessions - - I hear that you put a wake plate of some sorts on your boat? Interested in hearing more about it....
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-11-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
It's always had a fixed wake plate, I've just never played around with it..... Next year might include an adjustable plate since the "wakeboard snobs" are constantly complaining.

You're invited.... next weds... now that the weather has cooled off there is plenty of room for people.
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       09-14-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
I'm in Indiana this week, and winterizing my boat early this year (like next week), just too much stuff to do around the house - but I'm game on heading out into October - got my drysuit - so count me in....