Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    ScottRobinson            06-01-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
Hey all I need a vacation spot to take boat too? I am in Indiana and been to all the normal spots....Dale Hollow, Cumberland, Norris....are there any I am missing around? I want a "cabin" or house type with a dock to park the boat for the week. Thoughts?

1st week in August with 4 families. I need help. Right now we are looking at Watts Bar Lake in TN. Anything in MO, or WV or Kentucky even I have missed? Or Michigan with places to rent?
Old     (spridle)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-01-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
Bull Shoals?!
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-01-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
Table Rock Lake, just don't stay too close to Branson if you want to wakeboard. It get's pretty busy between Branson and Indian Point. We are going down the last week in July with a group and we are staying near Kimberling City. Go to vbro.com to find a cabin.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-02-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
Un in Northern MN there are TONS of sick spots for House Boat trips!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-02-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
If you need a place the first week in August for 4 families, you can pretty much rule out Table Rock. You should have booked that back in March.
Old    ScottRobinson            06-02-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
Table Rock and Bull Shoals look very cool and would love to go. However on VRBO there aren't alot to choose from. We would like something that has a dock right at the house for the boats instead of having to go to the marina everyday. THoughts? Right now we are looking at Watts Bar in TN. HELP!!
Old     (spridle)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-02-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
Why not rent a houseboat?
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-02-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
Center Hill Lake, TN. Went here for the past 3-4 years. Found a pretty sick setup to...have a large family and the resort we go to has a 4 condo setup. 4 Full kitchens, 4 bedrooms (with different setups), huge decks. They also have houses and a hotel for everyone's price range. Usually the resort is empty the whole week until the weekends. Pool and such also. Lake is AMAZING. Very light traffic during the week. Pulled up to the marina to fill up the boat and Al Gore pulled up next to us to fill up to! Cliff jumping around every corner and 3 waterfalls if your willing to make the trip. Check it out!!!
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-02-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
http://www.lakesideresort.com/

had to look up the resort...I don't book the trips! haha
Old    ScottRobinson            06-02-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
nice Bobby..... we did houseboat thing already. Like the Center Hill Lake....do they have any cabins besides what is there?
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       06-05-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Lake Norfork and Bull Shoals are within 12 miles of each other and both have some of the best riding water in the entire country. Norfork is about 45K acres and Shoals about 70K.
No way to go wrong at either Lake and if you don't like one, they are close enough you can switch to the other in about 20 minutes or ride both on separate days, both are just great!