Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-12-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
So I have been using Meguiar's Premium Flagship Wax. I have found that the stuff works pretty well. I was wondering what you guys use out there and if you are willing to share any of your boat cleaning tips and secrets.
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-12-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
We use Wax As U Dry. We load out every time so when we wipe down I spray it on and we wipe it down,works like a champ and the cost is only around $4 something a bottle at Wal-Mart. Hope this helps.
Old     (kbrowning)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-12-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
i use 3m paste wax once or twice a year and then eagle one Wax as U Dry as JJP said...seven year old black MC...gel looks like new!
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2009, 5:43 AM Reply   
I have been using Poorboys waxes for two seasons now and I will never use anything else. I have tried Meguiar's, Zaino, Collinite, and others and have never gotten results like with the Poorboys stuff. I like to use the Porter Cable 7424 Polisher with a white polishing pad with their Poorboys with carnuba for dark colored vehicles. Then I top that with their EXP Sealer. Then I wax is with their Natty's Blue. Here are the results.
Upload
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-13-2009, 5:53 AM Reply   
you need to invest in an edger
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
Haha! Yeah I wanted to go to the lake more than I wanted to mow. The pic is actually at my parents house straight across the road from mine. That's where our shop is at. But yeah I finally mowed last night and everything is neat and edged now.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-13-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
Cleaning: I use the meguiares flagship and polish every other month. Use Babe's after each use on the water and it has worked for me. Everyone ask what I use to keep it shiney since I too have a black boat. Before I wax, I wash down with Babe's boat soap and it does not strip the wax off. One thing that has helped with water spots is that I have an water softner and it filters out all the crud so not water spots. Hated the system at first because it feels like there is soap still on it, but I was wrong. You can buy one of those filters for your garden hose and I hear they work great also.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-13-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Update: They are called Mr. Clean Water Softner Car Wash. They run about 20.00 and come with 2 filters. Keeps the chlorine off the boat.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-13-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
What is the best way to keep water spots off once the boat has been in the water a few times?
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-13-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
A good coat of wax helps, but I do not think you are going to keep all the spots off. If your boat is waxed and you wipe it down after each use and then use some kind of quick detailer, you should not have any problems. Like I said in my first post, I use babes after each use and do not have any water spots that I can see.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
For removing water spots after a day on the water, and 50/50 mixture of vinegar and distilled water works great. It's much cheaper and doesn't leave the residue that some of the water spot removers that I've tried leave....
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
^^^including your pre existing wax...
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Pretty much anything from zainobros will work great.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Sorry, not black but you get the idea

Upload
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-14-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
I heard it was bad to use Eagle One spray on wax, but couldn't get any real info on why. Anyone know?
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-14-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
has any one used Meguiares Tech 1 NXT gen 2? how does it hold up?
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-14-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
I use 3M Scotchgaurd marine wax on my black trailer, not sure how that would compare to the boat, but it does a great job.
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-14-2009, 10:43 PM Reply   
Not to hijack,but im curious to find out if the majority uses an orbital buffer, or just an applicator pad to apply the wax?
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-16-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
I use a buffer. Works great on bringing out the shine. On the Water and Vinegar solution, it will strip your wax off! So be prepared to wax after each use.

Put a good coat of MARINE wax, NOT CAR WAX, and wipe down after each trip to keep the spots off. I use the Absorber and it works great. Then follow up with a MARINE quick detail spray and it will keep it shiney and spot free. I personally use Babes and have not had any problems at all.