Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mrhutt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-13-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
I got the opportunity to test out a Perfect Wave surf board this evening. This was the first ocean style board I have ever ridden behind a boat. It was 6' long, 20.5 " wide, and 2.5" thick. The board had wax which was a new experience, and the fins were quite long compared to my usual rides.

I loved the board, unfortunately it didn't turn or break free quite as well as I am used to like with my IS Yellow.

I really like the pointed nose of the board though. The water was really choppy tonight to the point where riding our Yellow would not have happened, but the pointed nose just cut through the chop.

the board was fast and you could surf far behind the boat and could catch up really fast...

Luckily Bobby (the shaper) is located in the area here in Seattle. We did discuss a few options for wakesurfing, and he even has an epoxy board he makes for wakesurfing (seen on his site).

Here are a few pics, and I look forward to trying others from him, or ordering my own custom one :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mrhutt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-13-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
couple more...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2008, 11:16 PM Reply   
The green loogey really solves that problem with the yellow.