Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-09-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
I was curious we have a stereo installed in the boat with a knob that can control the volume for the tower speakers(allowing us to turn them down or completely off while the rest of the speakers are going). But I was wondering if there is a way to turn the inside speakers down or off and just leave the towers on. Because then people could talk while the rider is enjoying his/her tunes. I hope that makes sense.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-09-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
PAC LC-1
Old    alanp            03-09-2008, 11:54 PM Reply   
pretty much an eq will do the trick. you can fade from front(tower) to back(boat) with a knob.

i have a clarion but there are a ton out there
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-10-2008, 12:53 AM Reply   
I second PAC LC-1. I have 3 of them. One for the front speakers, one for the rear, and one for the tower speakers. They are connected right before the RCA inputs to the amps.
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-10-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Keeping things simple, i ran the interior speakers off the front channel and the tower speakers off the stereo rear channel. If I want to shut down the rear sound... just fade to the front. If I want to jam out the rider and not kill the passengers.. i fade to the rear. WOrks great. Since everything runs off external amps, there's no concern about the amount of speakers/amps channel to channel.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
^^^^^^I have mine setup the same as Bert^^^^
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-10-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Jl offers this as a solution...

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep.php?prod_id=446
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-10-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
Ditto on the PAC's. Here's my setup. The 2 small round knobs under the Sony remote are the PACs. One controls the tower speakers and the other is for the sub. Since they're mounted right to the stereo remote I can adjust all the speakers at any time.Upload
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
I know theres something to be said for the simplicity of the pacs but dont they drop line voltage quite a bit?
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
Don't you have a gain knob on the amp to compensate for that?

They work by dropping line voltage on the RCAs. They are a simple wiper
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-10-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
Byron,

The purpose of a fader is to drop the line voltage. The volume level is related to the line voltage when we are talking about at the pre-amplification stage of the audio chain. So, even with an active fader i.e. the one that Scott posted you would see a drop in the line voltage when you lower the volume. The benefit to an active fader vs a passive fader (PAC LC1 is a passive fader) is that the output impedance of the active fader will remain unchanged, whereas in the case of the passive fader the output impedance will vary. Also, with an active device you can usually boost the audio signal voltage range, but with a passive fader you are limited to the output level of the audio source...which is what I think you were getting at. Make sense?
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
Thanks Tom thats a good explanation. I chose to go with an eq in my new boat for allot of different reasons, a couple of witch you mentioned.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-10-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
wetsounds ws-420 problem solved!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       03-10-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
If you want to do it truely right then you have the wesounds WS-420 with the HSE volume control.
Why have to touch the volume nob at all when the rider falls or you slow down for the 5 zone.
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-10-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Bert I was thinking that when I was playing it and noticed they installed the tower to the front. I like the sounds of the wet-sounds WS-420 but if not will probably consider rear wiring or pac lc1. Only is there any sound quality difference between the front and rear? Thanks for all the help.

(Message edited by dnannen on March 10, 2008)

(Message edited by dnannen on March 10, 2008)
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-10-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
there shouldn't be any difference between the front and rear outputs. I looked at some of the other options talked about but I didn't want to install another nob or eq.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
I like the wetsounds unit but I dont care to have the loudspeaker option and for that kinda money I have better things to do on my boat. Just my opinion.
Old    Ben Kerran            03-10-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
DRA- Is the HSE volume control for sale yet? I assume something that ties into the PP that mutes when the rider falls? Great idea, especially when the wife is driving. She usually feels like having to mute and not power turn is overwhelming...
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
I had the same ? How much HSE volume control?}
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-10-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
We were pressing the ATT button when a rider fell. It is on most aftermarket decks and is intended for answering your cell phone. Pretty much you push it and it goes just low enough to talk, push it again and it goes back to where you had it.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-10-2008, 10:55 PM Reply   
The HSE volume control unit is not yet available, I have been bugging the crap out of them to get one so I know (pretty much have Jim's phone number on speed dial). I cannot wait to get the product into my boat. Turning the volume up-down, up-down everytime the rider falls drives me nuts. I had one of the old JVC head units with automatic volume control but it was too slow and it didn't add enough gain. Looking forward to having the HSE volume control and the WS-420 on my boat this summer.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-10-2008, 11:31 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone,
Here's the scoop on the HSE Revolution Volume Control. It is easily integrated into any stereo system connected between the head unit or other audio source and the equalizer or amplifier. It has two audio inputs with the auxiliary input capable of boosting the signal, i.e. a line driver. If preferred, the HSE Revolution Volume Control can be installed along with an Ipod or other MP3 player, eliminating the need for a stereo head unit. If your boat engine has an ignition or analog tachometer signal, that's all it needs to make your stereo hands free operation, Perfect Pass is not necessary. It is fully programmable both on how much and when it attenuates the audio signal. The price is $399 and for those interested in first dibs, contact us via the website and we will send out an email to you with a coupon code to receive a $50 discount when available to ship. The HSE Revolution Volume Control's are expected to be available by Fathers Day Weekend. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

http://www.hsetrident.com/index.php?page=revolution-series

Thank you for your interest.
Jim Aikins