Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    whitechocolate            06-08-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
I wanted to hear the story's of other people that have been "taken care of" what you would consider Good Customer Service, I own a 02 Air and I think CC has been "Awesome" as far as fixing anything that could or has gone wrong with My boat. Here is some Example's of a few things that have gone wrong with my boat and they have fixed.

#1 When my boat was 40 hrs old the motor had a ticking noise, the dealer couldn't fiugure it out so they got me a New Motor. The whole thing took 7 day's from the time it took my boat in till i got it back with a New Motor.

#2. Two of My dash gauges developed a crack in the bezel. I took a photo of it and sent it to the dealer and they sent me a Replacment set.

#3 The strap that hold's the Boards on the flight clips broke and fell in the water they sent me a New on no questions asked.

lets hear your's
Old    wetnwildaudio            06-08-2003, 3:14 PM Reply   
ya sounds like you got the warranty service whoopy
Old    whitechocolate            06-08-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
Jon; I Have been here a wile (On w/w) and I have heard some of the Horror story's about what you would think was a simple warranty issue. I think I got more than Warranty! IMO I think they didn't need to replace my motor,( Im glad they Did) They could have taken it out and fixed the ticking and taken there time doing it! They could have made me take the boat To the dealer to have the strap and gauge's fixed! I left out all the details to keep the post as short as possable but if you knew the whole story you would know I got more that the Warranty.
Old    fun9c1            06-08-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
Jon I can tell you from experience (with Chevrolet) that just because something's under warranty doesn't mean squat. Some companies (like Chevrolet) will do everything in their power to keep from having to take care of your complaint. Not all companies are as helpful as what Grant described. I don't have any good stories to share, just bad ones. From, you guessed it, Chevrolet. But that's for another forum.

One more reason Nautiques rock!! :-)
Old     (patoloco)      Join Date: May 2002       06-08-2003, 11:49 PM Reply   
Sorry, not a specific story...but just to jump in...

I have an Air Nautique on a Ram-lin trailer that I purchased new from my dealer about 4 years ago. In the years since I purchased the boat, I have had a couple of minor and a major issue with boat and/or trailer.

Out of respect for privacy I won't go into detail, but let me say I have been extremely impressed with how Correct Craft, Ram-lin, and MD Boats in Indianapolis have responded to the very few issues I have had.

I have really come to understand the importance of a customer focused dealer with a solid product. So far, they have always fell on the side of taking care of the customer first. For that reason I know what brand my next boat will be, and where I will buy it from.
Old    whitechocolate            06-09-2003, 7:55 AM Reply   
The Brand of trailer's are chosen by the dealer. That seems to be the only thing that CC dosent have a handle on. I had some Issues with my trailer DHM, Im glad DHM was quick to fix anything and everything. It brings to mid how luck I am to live close to when I can have things taken car of. I would hate to be in a part of the world where you had to drive Hrs to get your boat/trailer fixed for me West Cost Correct Craft is 1 1/2 away and DHM is the same.
Old    stormrider            06-09-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Grant:
If Skier's Choice and my dealer were treating me like CC has treated you, I wouldn't be looking at dumping my problem-child 02 Moomba Mobius LSV and buying a SAN.

I am soooooooo jealous. Thanks, though, for confirming that I'm going the right direction!
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-09-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have had nothing but postive experiences with both the dealer that I bought my boat from and Correct Craft.

To give credit where it's due, I bought a 99 SuperAir that had been upgraded to all 2001 gear from North Alabama Nautiques. On the second test drive, the V-drive pressure sending unit went out and the dash light that is supposed to go off above 1200 RPM of course stayed on. The dealer said it wasn't a big deal and he would take care of it, but not knowing at the time it was just a sensor caused some concern. To ease any concerns, he put the boat under a 1-year, unlimited hour warranty, put it in writing and still gave a great deal on the boat. Over the winter I had some minor things taken care of and without any discussion, they were all covered by the dealer. Some of the items I expected to be covered (starter solenoid that would act up every now and then), but they also took care of some trim pieces and replaced a depth finder that stopped working (since the warranty was technically powertrain, this was a nice bonus). Overall, great service and I would recommend anyone in the southeast who is condsidering a Nautique to give Kenneth at North Alabama Nautiques a call.

To Correct Craft's credit, even though I purchased the boat used, Skip Dunlap from Correct Craft has been great to interact with. He gave me his cell phone number and e-mail and said if there were any issues with the boat that I needed CC's help with, I should contact him. I have e-mailed him on two occasions and responses were immediate and very helpful.

I have been extremely pleased with the boat, dealer and CC. It would take something pretty special to get me to even consider purchasing something other than another Nautique.
Old    rsadix            06-10-2003, 11:20 PM Reply   
PCM also rocks!!

Just bought a '97 sport nautique, heard from North Alabama Nautique that some of the GT40 motors that year needed a new ECU (brain). I emailed PCM and gave them my engine model and serial number and asked if there were any updates. They promptly responded and said that I needed a new ECU and to take it to my local CC service shop and they would provide the parts for free. I removed the cover myself and haggled for only 15 minutes of labor time to install the new ECU. Its currently in the shop for the new ECU. PCM only claims a 3 year warranty and I haven't filled out any paperwork for transfer of warranty, only the single email.

Ahhhh painless.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       06-11-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
I have just delt with my fantastic dealer Buxton Marine in Lewisville, TX!! I have a Dorsey Trailer that had a problem which was taken care of by my dealer. I had a bad gauge and broken bezel on a guage, taken care of by the dealer all by one E-mail. Had a recall item taken care of by the dealer. Overall, I have been very happy with my service from Buxton Marine even though they are 5hrs away. As a bonus, I got to meet Murray this past weekned on the Backyard Tour, sponsored by Buxton and recieved the red carpet treatment.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-11-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
Six months after my purchase of a used Nautique, the high pressure fuel pump quit working while on the lake at 10am. Family was in town and i made the call to the dealer. By 1pm I was back, on the water with a new wire harness to the pump and a new starter, (the mechanic did not like the sound of the starter and replaced it on the spot). I am not one to come on here and spout brand loyalty too much, but it will be hard for me to change brands after all the horror stories i have read about. 1100 hrs on my boat and the above is the only problem, not even one gel crack anywhere on the boat.