Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-01-2004, 8:55 PM Reply   
I heard a rumor he was riding for them now.. I guess he's on their stuff in the new WB mag...haven't seen it yet.

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-01-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
Wouldn't be surprised. His last sponsor went out of business. Last pic I saw (BillJ's pics from Lake Whipporwill) he was riding a Blindside board. If they did sign him, we should be seeing a press release soon.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-02-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
Core is gone? Really? Yeah, I've heard from the local CWB rep that they got Gerry now. Good move for CWB, Gerry is awesome, gives us old guys inspiration.
Old    tattoobling            03-02-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
He should be doing alright. Couldn't sleep last night and saw him on some late night infomercial for some ab machine gimmick. I'm not kidding. It must work though, he does have the washboard. By the way, his hair was still long.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-02-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
Are you sure that was Gerry? He kinda looks like that Tony Little dood.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-02-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
Yeah Core went bankrupt, Sean Obrien is now with LF, and as it seems Nunn is now with CWB.
Old    tattoobling            03-02-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
J-Rod,

Yeah, my initial thought was that is was that Tony Little lunatic (It's TECHNIQUE!). But what caught my eye is that Gerry was doing this ab cruncher appartus on a dock with a nice glassy lake in the background. Then the bit ended with him dock starting behind his boat and popping an off-axis 3. No mistaking, it was him.
Old    murrayair            03-02-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
Chances are Gerry didnt get that 6pack on that ab machine. Those things are GIMMICKS imo!!! Nothing beats good old fashoned weighted inclined crunches. Sorry, didnt mean to go off on a tangent.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-02-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
Gerry is in talks with CWB, but they don't have anything inked as of this writing. However, he is riding a CWB board. I'm sure they didn't make him pay for it!! :-)

I think that Gerry is one of the guys that I'd want to have on my team. Super nice guy with a lot of heart and style. Great with dealing with fans. Not only that but he seems to be a pretty hard worker, especially for an "old guy!" :-)
Old    skeezyrida            03-03-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
Gerry is the best rider of all time
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-05-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
He is in the new WBM riding a CWB with his new short hair. We have spent some time with both him and Christy and as David said, he is one of the nicest guys out there. He never fails to give his total attention to his fans and loves the Lord too. A great role model for the kids!