Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       10-07-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
I currently ride with an Omega however I'm going to buy a new set. I'm fel in love with Liquid Force when I saw the LTD edition 2008. I'm so happy they are available in The Netherlands.

I tested a PS3 last week. I like this board a lot, it tracks beter because of the bigger molded fins and the bigger rocker give me better pop. But i'm also want to test another board. I'm not going to test the Watson and the Shane because it is getting cold over here.

Can you guys give your opinion about this two boards? I don't like the landing of the PS3 sometime I were falling sometimes because I don't get grip in the landing. Will the Shane help because of the fins? How is the pop and the speed compared to the PS3.
Old    gotwake123            10-07-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
I'm on the LF Team and i've been riding the PS3 all year and I just switched to the watson and it is 120% better I can't even discribe the pop and the landings are so much better that the ps3.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-08-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
i own both the shane and the watson. i loved my shane until i got my watson. now i only ride the watson and the shane barley sees water, watson is more consistent on pop and landings, i like the approach into the wake more, and i just feel and ride exponentially better on it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-09-2007, 12:03 AM Reply   
The Watson is hard to beat, the only board I've ridden thats I like better is Slingshot Recoil.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       10-09-2007, 5:45 AM Reply   
@ Chris, what about the speed, is the shane much faster? and how is the lock down feeling?
Old     (tmoney8)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-09-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
i have rode the watson since shawn's new shape came out, and i couldnt be happier. it has amazing pop, tracks well, and is perfect without the center fin for buttering. when you come down a little off landing, it will let you slide back avoiding the faceplants. good luck with the choosing. If you can get ahold of the 2008 limited watson, go for it. straight steez with the rasta
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-09-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
I think the shane and watson are about the same speed, the shane could be slightly faster but i think thats because the cupped fins can get it on edge into the wake quicker. I had a substance before the watson, and the watson is much faster with better landings and more effective molded fins. I also owned a subjekt before the shane, the shane isnt as loose because of the molded fins and the landings are better thanks to the spine. good luck.