Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-20-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
After demoing a number of boats in my price range i finally decided on a 2003 mc x-30. Enough room for two families, good wake at all speeds with or with out ballast, awesome surf wake. The boat did seem like it burned gas pretty good so i wanted to see what others were getting with the 03 to 05 hull?
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-20-2012, 4:35 PM Reply   
04 x2 gets about 8 hrs per tank
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-22-2012, 6:46 AM Reply   
I do not know the GPH but when i had my 03 X30 with the MCX engine it seemed to be really efficient. I would board for 3-4 hours, cruise the lake etc... and it would use 12-15 gallons.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-22-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
I really wouldn't count on getting 3-4 gallons per hour like Kevin. Maybe at cruising speed(most efficient) with no ballast and a light load. I looked at an 04 that the dealer had just demo'd and he said it burned thru alot of fuel. I think 5-7 gallons per hour(running) is going to be more realistic with ballast and riding type use.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-22-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
BoatTest.com tested a 2006 which used 9.6 GPH at 3000 RPM for it's best economy at 24 MPH
They don't have a test on the earlier hull.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-22-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
Any boat "big enough for two families" is gonna suck gas like a hoover...you're going to need two families incomes to fuel it.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-23-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
From talking with my Master Craft customers. If you run stock ballast I would Est. the best your going to get is 7-8 GPH. If your heavy handed on the thottle like me or run over stock ballast 9+ GPH is not out of the question.IMPO These are wakeboarding and cruising from ramp to riding spot and back numbers. If you pull tubes you will use more. Not real sure on the surfing numbers..but I would expect it to be better than wakeboarding. MCs come with large gas tanks for a reason!