Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-17-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245G-...eature=related

Still IMO the raddest 0:34 seconds in wakeboarding. You can double invert and mobe 7 all you want... but forever in my mind this trick will be the ****
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-17-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
Yup!
Seconded.
In my mind this is the craziest thing ever done on a wakeboard.
Incredibly technical. It's HIGH. It's clean. It's extreeeemely advanced.
Best trick ever done as far as I'm concerned.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-17-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
that is awesome, i also think his osmosis 5 that is grabbed the entire way through in this video is sickkkk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDJMq...endscreen&NR=1
Old    sperbet            04-17-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
Yeah, it's too bad he got hurt. He had a one year run where he was basically just riding at a level no one had ever seen before. Then injury, slow recovery and Harley Clifford steps up big time. Such is the life of wakeboarder...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-17-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Jeesh you make it sound like he's done for. I've seen some great edits of Rathy lately.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-17-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
I would say Rathy's career is far from over. Wasn't he a team captain at wake games?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-17-2012, 11:44 AM Reply   
I agree, one of the craziest tricks on a wakeboard, period. I wonder if he ever landed it again?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-17-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
Yup.... that was absolutely nutty.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-17-2012, 4:36 PM Reply   
Rathy has lost his place on the throne and it's unlikely that he'll be able to regain it, but who cares? The dude still kills it!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-17-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorhawk View Post
Yup!
Seconded.
In my mind this is the craziest thing ever done on a wakeboard.
Incredibly technical. It's HIGH. It's clean. It's extreeeemely advanced.
Best trick ever done as far as I'm concerned.
I should say, this is the craziest thing I've ever seen a single athlete do on a wakeboard, and I am old. I come from the days when I'd watch Greg Nelson in Gravity Sucks and ride the next day in jeans and a backwards hat, ollie180'ing my neighbors wharf.

The craziest thing I've ever seen done in wake is the opening to the DVD Rewritten. Where they had 8 or so boats lined up, had a 9th pass in front with about 7000lbs of ballast in it setting up an 8-person double-up boom-boom-boom-boom-boom-boom-boom-boom session, which I swear I had everyone who set foot in my house watch for about a 6 month period. I still can't believe how awesome and audacious that was. And they filmed it so well, and it came out so awesome.

Back to Rathy, same thing - awesome and audacious. Some tricks that you see the top guys doing I can at least fathom doing (in my head) or at least imagined. Double rolls, 10's,12s. But even as a "wrap trick" kind of rider, I would have never, never, never imagined that a 3-variant 1080 would even be possible. Never entered my mind even as a passing thought in my 17 years of wakeboarding. If I tried that I swear I would decapitate myself. I would decapa my tate on the first try with my luck.

I am pretty sure Rathy was part of that Rewritten sequence too (!)

Last edited by juniorhawk; 04-17-2012 at 5:17 PM.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-17-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
Yea that has got to be my favorite trick I've ever seen done. Super super clean........like a BOSS!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
that was also the day I got my first boner
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-18-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
just looks inhuman hahaha i can't stop watching it
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-18-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorhawk View Post
I should say, this is the craziest thing I've ever seen a single athlete do on a wakeboard, and I am old. I come from the days when I'd watch Greg Nelson in Gravity Sucks and ride the next day in jeans and a backwards hat, ollie180'ing my neighbors wharf.

The craziest thing I've ever seen done in wake is the opening to the DVD Rewritten. Where they had 8 or so boats lined up, had a 9th pass in front with about 7000lbs of ballast in it setting up an 8-person double-up boom-boom-boom-boom-boom-boom-boom-boom session, which I swear I had everyone who set foot in my house watch for about a 6 month period. I still can't believe how awesome and audacious that was. And they filmed it so well, and it came out so awesome.

Back to Rathy, same thing - awesome and audacious. Some tricks that you see the top guys doing I can at least fathom doing (in my head) or at least imagined. Double rolls, 10's,12s. But even as a "wrap trick" kind of rider, I would have never, never, never imagined that a 3-variant 1080 would even be possible. Never entered my mind even as a passing thought in my 17 years of wakeboarding. If I tried that I swear I would decapitate myself. I would decapa my tate on the first try with my luck.

I am pretty sure Rathy was part of that Rewritten sequence too (!)
I don't think he was in that one b/c Rewritten was a Hyperlite video and Rathy was with Byerly already
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-18-2012, 6:28 AM Reply   
Jonny is right, i think he left a year or two before
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-18-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
makes me miss seeing the crazy things Harf would come out with on a pretty regular basis. Parks->Harf->Rathy->Harley...who's next?
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-18-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
makes me miss seeing the crazy things Harf would come out with on a pretty regular basis. Parks->Harf->Rathy->Harley...who's next?
Possibly this kid in a few years. Ben was 9 when this was shot and he has won worlds for his age group since then. His section is at 11:45
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-18-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
If I remember correctly; Rathy filmed an entire part for Rewritten but it was totally removed from the movie when he bailed on Hype. You can still catch a glimpse or two of him in a few lifestyle sections.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-18-2012, 1:06 PM Reply   
I don't think he bailed. It was more like an intra-office transfer.
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-18-2012, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luker View Post
If I remember correctly; Rathy filmed an entire part for Rewritten but it was totally removed from the movie when he bailed on Hype. You can still catch a glimpse or two of him in a few lifestyle sections.
thats super lame if true.... byerly and hype are the same thing... surely he could be included in the movie still.

Last edited by mckenna; 04-18-2012 at 4:30 PM. Reason: spelling