Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-13-2012, 4:37 PM Reply   
I have a winch with an 8HP Briggs & Stratton and a TAV2 torque converter. Bought it brand new in 2009. The problem I'm now having with it is that it's not able hold/maintain the higher RPMs to pull a rider continuously through the ride. I've changed the oil, fuel, & spark plug. But the problem persists! has anybody had this issue and/or have an idea to help me out?
Old     (Phoenix_Winch)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-13-2012, 8:47 PM Reply   
it might be your carb, its easy to clean IMO, BTW just noticed you're in PHX, I'll troubleshoot for a 30 pack

Last edited by Phoenix_Winch; 04-13-2012 at 8:52 PM.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-14-2012, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Winch View Post
it might be your carb, its easy to clean IMO, BTW just noticed you're in PHX, I'll troubleshoot for a 30 pack
Haha! Actuality I'm taking it to my friends house (the BombWake guy) today to work on it
Old     (Phoenix_Winch)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-14-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
Trian's? Is he up for it after being run over on his motorcycle?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-14-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Yeah he's up for working on it. Said it Will give him something to do since he can't really walk around. Also Gotta take some crutches over for him to use