Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    neal_b            07-23-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
and I would appreciate some opinions. It is a 1990 Platinum Prostar 190. 5.7 Indmar chevy engine direct drive with velvet drive trans. Carburetor is junk and needs replaced. Trailer needs sandblasting to remove rust and repainted and recarpeted. Interior needs to be redone. Paint is ok and should clean up with some elbow grease. Extra prop and impeller and all life jackets, ropes, skis, and ski pylon. Boat runs good when carb. works good. Seems to be noiser in reverse and virtually silent in forward. Is that normal? Boat has 580 hours. I can buy this boat for 5100 dollars. Should I? We do more than wakeboarding. We also slalom ski and kneeboard. Thanks, Neal
Old    tommyadrian5            07-23-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Doesn't sound too bad, carbs can be expensive though, watch out. Interiors are too, unless you do it yourself. Good boat though for what you want to do. Reverse on all (at least mc and nau ddrives) is noisy, but there shouldn't be any noticeable noise in forward at idle.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-25-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
www.carbsonly.com
I just bought a fully rebuilt marine Holley 4160 for 224.00. You have to send them back your old carb. I thought it was a good deal.