Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    robertt            10-04-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
Mastercraft speaker or light combo that they want to get rid of?

I know light bars are almost worthless, but I want to give it a shot anyway. I figured than since most of you that have them dont use them...I might get lucky.

Same with Mastercraft stock speakers. There has to be a few takeoffs out there that somebody could sell cheap.

Anyone???
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-05-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
Robert,

I have the Boss knight rider 7 light bar (polished) that I want to get rid of. It's only 3 months old. I paid $800 so if interested make me a reasonable offer and they are your's. Let me know.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-05-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
Why are lightbars worthless? All depends on where you live. We use the lights a few times a week--especially now that we don't have much evening as we would like for riding.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-05-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Robert,
I'm sure you could sneak in a few night pulls on LSL before the water patrol got ya!
I've always wanted to try it....
Old    robertt            10-06-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
I ran out and bought a few fog lights from walmart and hooked them up to the tower just to see how it worked. I now want a decent set...this is why:

1. I drive a ton at night, we take MANY moonlight cruises and we visit friends on the lake a few times a week...and end up driving back to my house at night.

2. After dusk, there is a 10mph limit and no towing allowed. Therefore, we will never be able to use it for pulling riders...at least on my home lake.

3. The two small walmart lights worked pretty good. I have a bimini that I keep up all the time, and the bimini actually projects over the windshield about a foot. This prevents glare from hitting the windshield. Reality is that you cant really see the water much better, but you can see objects in the water MUCH better. I took it out for a cruise, and switched the lights on and off about a hundred times making a mental note of the difference.

I could see the bouys from a quarter mile out. When I switched the lights off, they just flat disappeared. Gone.

Same with small limbs, objects in the water. In addition, it lit up the bank and other docks so they could be easily seen.

Its worth it to me, and they are fairly cheap just for a few decent lights. I don't want anything too huge, the neighbors would start to complain.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-06-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
Forward facing lights don't work. If you want lights to light up the wake for the rider they work great. If you want to light up the lake for your driving--get a set of nightvision goggles.

Forward facing lights will destroy your nightvision and make you much more dangerous on the water. Not to mention--depend where you are forward facing lights are just as illegal as riding at night.

forward facing light a help with docking and loading the boat.

If you don't live in an area where you can board at night--skip the lights. I happen to live on a lake with little to no lake patrol. The last time someone was talked to about riding at night/we saw lake patrol where we night ride was Spring 2002.