Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
I was just looking at a thread called "let’s see your crash pics" and I saw a couple that reminded me of a wonderful discovery I made... or rather that my brother got for me as a gift. One of the crash pictures had a quote next to it mentioning the pain of the dreaded NUT SLAP.

ANYWAY---> after my brother heard some of my complaints about the manly pain and my near seriousness of wearing a cup or something, he got me a pair of biker shorts.
They may not be the most comfortable things on the planet, but they still beat the mesh inserts in some swim wear or wearing "whity tighties", etc... OR the SHOCKING PAIN that can be felt by the future generation. I wear them under my board shorts. They are a little hot a times, but I can take the board shorts off when in the boat to solve that problem.

To all the men out there who have experienced this problematic pain, I suggest trying a pair. I was skeptical at first, but now they are an essential part of my gear
Old    chavezychavez            08-13-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
Underarmour boxer briefs work quite well as well.

I would suggest them as they wick quickly and do not cause swamp___.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-13-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
girls.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-13-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
We call it "Fire Water!" It feels like someone is holding a lighter under your sack.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-13-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Or the sandblaster to the scrotum. Gosh it hurts.

I wear tri-athalon shorts under my boardies and they work a treat. Little cooler and not as heavy as the bike shorts.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-13-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
I wear these when i go out. Helps alot on the slappy sacky.
Old     (danrocks4)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-13-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
hey i swim at my high school and i just wear an old speedo underneath the board shorts and that does the trick for me
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-13-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
I can relate to 'fire water'. It is not fun.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Under Armour - Works great, dries quick.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-14-2006, 5:08 AM Reply   
My post before i forgot to post a link to hte shorts. Here it is.
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=31678
Old     (darkstar)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 5:16 AM Reply   
got to roll with the Jet Pilot ride shorts with built in nard protection. I love them.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-14-2006, 6:10 AM Reply   
nothing like sitting on a campfire. Man do I hate hate the nuts on fir feeling.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
Hmm soo the companies out there have finally thought of this and have made some shorts to protect this. Big E.'s post from overtons and Timothy 2 the c's post about Jet Piolot... That is nice to know. Maybe one day i'll check these alternatives out, but till then my biker shorts stay close to me.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-14-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
timothy,

do all of jet pilots ride shorts have this protection? and how good is it?
Old    chavezychavez            08-14-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
Charlie - the JP Rideshorts have a built in neoprene liner. It's like having wetsuit underwear, so if you don't have the problem when you wear a wetsuit, you most likely won't have the problem when wearing the rideshorts.
Old     (darkstar)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
Charlie,

I think all the jet pilot ride shorts do have the protection. You can click on ride shorts on the jet pilot website. I highly recommend them.
Old     (bgeezy140)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-14-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
I need to get back in the habit of wearing them again with all the frontrolls I've been doing, but regular old compression shorts work pretty well, and you can get them at any sporting goods store.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Upload
Here is a picture that influenced me to start this thread. got it from the crash pics thread
Old     (cole_souers)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
another thing i have herd of is wearing dickie shorts. sounds really dumb, but makes sense. i also heard that they don't ride up on you when you get up. is anyone doing this? i wear the under armor compression shorts and i slapped hard yesterday still. need some answers, cause its killing me on my three's
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
i just wear a speedo that i have from water polo. It is a little thicker than a normal speedo and it keeps your boys close to your body so they cant get grabbed and whatnot. Works well.