Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-24-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
just curious. am i missing something?

i realize some amps don't have remote sub capability, but seems like the WS420 could be even better if it had a 3rd gain for a sub. seems there would be times where you'd want the tower speakers on with sub, but lower-to-no cabin speakers. am i missing something technical that makes this not possible?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-24-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
I haven't messed with one yet, but the description says it has a sub volume control??? That sounds like what you want.

4 Band Parametric Equalizer with 2 Zone operation
2 Independent Zones for separate adjustments of tower and boat speakers
Dual Volume Control for independent volume of tower and boat speakers
Talkback Microphone with separate volume control
Auxilary input
Dual Illumination (red or blue)
Subwoofer volume control and frequency adjustment
12 volt line driver
Conformal coated circuit board
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-24-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
i've read that too, and maybe i'm misunderstanding this, but the sub volume is tied to the cabin speakers, so if you had your tower speakers up, but your cabins down = no sub.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-24-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
The WS 420 has an independent bass boost knob. It is tied into the main volume.

We devolped different prototypes. One with 3 volumes. And felt it was more difficult to operate as it was easy to grab the knob/ring for boat/tower in one turn. But always left the sub on it's own.

Some that want to have just towers and sub have adjusted thier gains to do so.

So with the inboat volume barley up and sub boost maxed out. They had towers and subs with a little in boats. Once the in boats were maxed out, then the bass knob is down etc...

So if this is something you are after. It can easily be done by how the gains are set. Most like it this way as just towers and sub with no in boats at all sounds a bit off IMHO.

So this way, you have just enough in boats to balance the sound out but not enough to bother the people in the boat.

Hope this makes sense.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-24-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
thanks Tim, i figured you'd probably stop by and chime in. :-)

if i understand you correctly then it is possible, but maybe not ideal. i'll take your word for it on the sound characteristics.

just seemed like maybe if you were anchored at a beach hanging out it would be nice to be able to have the sub playing along with just the towers. (nobody in the boat)

i'm still debating on what to do. listening while riding is not important to me. being able to have good clean loud tunes in and around the boat is though. i'm leaning towards a pair of pro 60's or 80's.

any new tower speakers being announced for boat show season?! it's right around the corner and i can wait!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-24-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
My lips are sealed!

The biggest announcement right now is the new Syndicate amps that are shipping now!!

For what you want, check out the Double Up. Pair of MB-8 and pair of PRO 60's. The MB-8 is a mid bass only speaker. A lot of people are confused on the use of that speaker. We designed it for those looking for a rocking party cove system or for those that wanted a killer wake surfing system. It has a ton of punch. Sounds like it would be right up your alley on what you are after.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-24-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
heh heh, i had to ask. :-)

thanks for the reply.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Tim has helped designed a system for my boat. Using the Pro 80's and the MB-8's on the tower, 6 XS650's and 1 XS-XXX sub with the 420. And of course the Syn 1,4 and 6 amps to power everything. It will be rocking just as soon as the season is over and I can do a tear down and install.