Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thought I would post a follow-up regarding a previous post of mine for anyone looking into the same thing. Here's the original post:

http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/show.cgi?3183/580825

I ended up getting the Titan mirror arm from Paradise Watersports (Malibu dealer) down near me in Murrieta, CA. Thanks to Nick and everyone else in Parts/Service. Great to work with, as usual.

First impression was a well-built product. Excellent build quality. The install was very simple and the plastic sleeve that goes around the tower made it super easy to get the mirror right where I wanted it without scratching the crap out of the tower. The convex sleeve allowed very easy rotation of the mount to get it just right. An added bonus that I wasn’t aware of prior to receiving the mount was that the mirror post had a plastic-dip coating on it. Seems to make the clamping action of the stock mirror much more secure by having something just a touch soft to squish onto. Should up the friction factor a bit to help keep the mirror from rotating on the post.

Upon driving, the mount is super solid and doesn’t move at all. The mirror also didn't rotate on the post at all. The view of the wake is nice and centered. For me, it's much more natural having the mirror up and out of the way. I like having the windshield mirror-less.

Overall, this is an excellent mirror mount and highly recommended. I may get one of those Extreme CIPA mirrors to get a wider viewing angle. The current view isn’t any worse than with the mirror in its stock location, but I'm thinking I may as well make it wider, especially for my fiance.

Thanks to Jason C. at Titan for getting on Wakeworld to explain things.

Danny
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-24-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
How much did it cost?
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       06-24-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
$179-ish + tax, came to about $190 and change. I don't recall exactly. Cheaper than Wakeside.com, though. I believe Wakeside had it listed for $199.