Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-29-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
I am having the biggest problem landing in the flats.. The boat is a 06 MC X-15 with stock ballast... 70' line at 23-24 MPH i cut as hard a i can and it just seems like i barely make it past the next wake... I'm wanting to just sore into the flats not do some huge flip out there just jump... is the ballast the problem?? anything will help thanks
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-29-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   

quote:

is the ballast the problem

Definitely not the ballast, it's all in the technique. Post some video and someone here can tell you what you can do to fix your technique.

-Steve
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-29-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
Load the line. Keep tension, and cut hard all the way through. Stand tall and sail. Loading the line is key though. It will really through you that extra push you might be looking for.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-29-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
Start right at the edge of the spray on the water. Then cut in hard and hold your cut all the way until you are airborne. Keep both hands on the handle low at your waist. Once you have done this about 50 times and are going UP^, then start out a little further and launch yourself into orbit.

Another trick that helps many people is to think that you want to stomp the trough of the wake, meaning the lowest point right before where the wake starts to rise. This will force you to keep your front leg stiffer and send you airborne.