Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
We had light rain and the threat of rain all day, conditions on the lake were fantastic. There was one I/O a couple of fishing boats, and several sculling crews otherwise the lake was all ours. At first we had a little wind but not so much that our wakeskater didn’t want to take a turn. We wakeboarded, then surfed, and then set up for wakeboarding once more. As we set up for wakeboarding the wind just died – it was perfectly flat and nearly all of the other remaining boaters had already left the lake.

We’ll that was the calm before the storm. After pulling one wakeboarder tornado sirens started blaring, we looked at each other, and decided to pack it in. OK, we had to head south anyway so we did pull the wakeskater on the way back. We joked that we were going to use him as a weather balloon, if a tornado carried him away, then we would know it was time to drive the boat faster.

We got to the bridge and pulled the wakesketer in the boat. The park ranger used his in-car mega phone and said, “Hey Sullivan, get off of the lake”. Looks like I and my Mighty Centurion have developed a reputation. Actually I spent the Saturday before crewing with the officer on a hydroplane racing team.

They are reporting tornados on evening news tonight. We didn’t dawdle getting off the lake but next time I don’t think I’ll pull someone in on the last stretch.