Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-17-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Ok im interested in getting some ideas of some different boat # decals.

ie: OH 1234 ZC the letters and numbers we are forced to put on our hulls......

Has anyone not ever put them on and what sort of trouble if any have you received?

I just hate the thought of putting black/white block letters/#s on the side of my boat, I really hate the thought of putting anything on there to be honest, looks much cleaner without that big ass ohio watercraft sticker
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-17-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
What kind of boat do you have? I like the clean look too, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I have a 2008 SAN 210 and I got my numbers from Domed Numbers. They matched the font of the reg. #'s to the lettering of the decals on my boat and I think it turned out pretty sick. Here is a pic so you can see them. Mine are probably a little illegal still since they don't clash very well with the hull colors, but I didn't want them standing out too much.
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-17-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
A lot of people like to do the drip molded lettering http://www.boatletteringtoyou.com/domed/

Good looking boat JKW.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-17-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
I got my domed registration numbers from 3dlettering.com. They were much cheaper that Domed numbers and came already spaced out so all you had to do was remove the backing and stick them on the boat

Last edited by you_da_man; 04-17-2010 at 1:05 PM.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-17-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
I called Armi at www.3dlettering.com and for forty dollars my Fathers decals on his Cobalt look awsome. It took about 2 days after I ordered them to arrive and I live in GA. I think their in California. I have ordered other sets for other people because they too really like the graphics. They are great people to work with.
Attached Images

Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Ours were like this when we bought it. I like it because they don't stand out. This pic was taken the day we bought it.
Attached Images

Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-17-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Im really digging the low profile/dont stand out look. Thats what I really am thinking Ill do. Have either of you had anyone say anything do you about them?

I have a 09 Centurion Falcon red/white, I was thinking about having them done in red with black outline.

Last edited by smitty1258; 04-17-2010 at 5:04 PM.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-17-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
I second 3Dlettering.com I ordered them for my supra. I have a black hull and I got the black center with a crome boarder. Looks good and stand out just enough to keep the cops off you.
Also I messed up and realized I order the wrong number after I already put the numbers on my boat. So I gave 3Dlettering a call and sent me new letters free of charge just had to pay shipping.

https://www.3dlettering.com/wiki.aspx/Home
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-17-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
I've only had my boat on the water once, so I haven't had anyone say anything yet. I figured if they do, I'll at least have my registration I can show them too so I can get away with it.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-17-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
I've had issues, but then again I always have issues! lol I have been pulled over for the color being too similar! My boat is bright blue in the front and the stickers where dark Grey. I was also told my stickers we're only 1 3/4" high and they are suppose to be 2" high. I've also been pulled over because they said the spacing was to close between the letters! I don't think you can get away with no numbers but depending on where you boat they may be more lenient on you if the colors kinda match!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-17-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
If the ODNR officers up your way are anything like the ones around my area you won't last too long without numbers or reg. sticker.I got mine from Domed Numbers,a little expensive,but they look sweet.
Attached Images

Last edited by wakebrdjay; 04-17-2010 at 6:42 PM.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
we have had ours 2 1/2 or 3 yrs now. I was stopped once for a life jacket check and that's it. Then I was stopped the following year for the boat running in neutral and not being behind the wheel. They have never said any thing about my numbers. The cops pass several times every time we go out and have never stoped me for the #'s or said any thing about them
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-18-2010, 1:31 AM Reply   
Texas Parks & Wildlife Game Warden stopped me an hour after I picked up my new boat from the dealer. Did the safety check and asked where my numbers were but then saw the temp tag on the side of the windshield and said "nice boat, you just pick this up?"
Old     (sodaksooner)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-18-2010, 6:10 AM Reply   
Got mine from domed numbers on sale. Somewhere in the 45 dollar range. It was a malibucrew sale, so the threw in a Malibu boats sticker that really looks good on my trailer. They were spaced properly and took a couple of minutes to apply. Much easier than vinyl letters.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-18-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
Is there a site that has all the boat company's fonts and can match the lettering on the boat to match the numbers? I have yet, to find one that already has the font, since I am still trying to find out which font it is myself.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-18-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
^^^There is a couple I've seen but just don't know the names, keep searching and I'm sure you'll find one. They had the Moomba fonts so I'm sure they will have others.