Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
Do I need to be worried about the new fast track system?? Im wanting a new board for the Park (Hydrous, Dallas) and Im looking at the Recoil, but I haven't heard good things about there fast track system? Weak link?? Jet

cant find a 2010?
did they fix it?
I want to use ronix/cells/one's on it. Any problems?
i want the 3-stage rocker recoil. Should I look at something else and why?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-21-2011, 9:39 AM Reply   
the bindings will work fine.
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-21-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
I'd go with the Response if it's going to be a strictly park board since it will be faster then the recoil. 3-stage doesn't really have a use for cable cause you'll get the same pop off a kicker with any board and a continuous will release faster for air tricks. I can't really comment on the fast track durability since I only had a month of cable riding but the ronix boots will sit fine on it.
Old     (apf)      Join Date: Dec 2010       10-21-2011, 10:05 AM Reply   
i ride recoil with relax....works for me
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Im having a hard time grasping a continous semi round bottom is better for sliders?? And why does it release faster?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-21-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
The answers to these questions are in the first thread you started about the same topic hahaha

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790503
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2011, 12:31 PM Reply   
Yes I know, sorry. But that thread was a open question about Ronix and SS and riding the park. This thread is specificly for SS boards and Its problems. Im fixing to pull the trigger on a 2012 board and dont want these issues after I have bought it.
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-21-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
Jet, I don't know the exact science behind it, but I believe its due to friction on the water due to the 3 stage shape that slows it down, a continuous rocker is a faster board, less friction so it would release faster for air tricks... As Chris stated earlier, the 3 stage is not really required at cable, its different than being behind the boat... I think I read that the 2012 fast track has more grooves to hold better, and some said they use a lock nut on it and no problems, I think you are good to go.

I ride the 09 response at hydrous (and behind the boat) and I love it. If you really want the non fast track mounts, Ill sell it to you if you want
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-21-2011, 5:02 PM Reply   
I ride the Recoil and it feels pretty damn slow sometimes. I don't do any air tricks at the cable yet, but I imagine the Reflex or the Response would build a better edge. Can't beat the 3-stage pop behind the boat though!
Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-21-2011, 5:50 PM Reply   
The 2011 track was practically set into the board. The new 2012 actually has some serious bite in there. The bottom of the track sticks out into the core of the board. Last years just set into it. Lot's more holding it down this year.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-22-2011, 6:12 AM Reply   
Buy a Response and go shred You will never regret the decision... scouts honor haha
Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-22-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
my 2011 ss kine fast track was ripped out last week after riding it for a few months, i am NOT a fan of the fast track, but the boards are worth it, plus ss customer service is amazing. im getting a replacement coming in less than a week after my board broke. so yes fast track is the weak link, but the board is worth it. go for the response over the recoil for cable. and hydrous rocks, ill hit that blue rail all day long, its so much fun
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-23-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
OK, Sorry for all of the Slingshot post's. But I was under the gun with winter coming and my buddies riding at Hydrous without me because I didnt have a park board yet. I didnt want to take my Ibex to the park and put slider marks on it, but I ended up doing that anyway. went to Hydrous yesterday and looked at there Slingshot line up and ended up going with a 141 Reflex. Its wider, bigger and softer than my 139 carbon ibex (Which rode great at the park yesterday) I was assured by most that the NEW 2012's have a deeper and better rail system in them now, so no worries right? Didnt get a chance to ride it yet but I will let yall know on the next park trip. Thanks for everyones help. Jet

p.s. I did take ya'lls advice and went with a continuous rocker, so details later on that too.
Attached Images

Last edited by andrewjet; 10-23-2011 at 9:40 AM.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-23-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
: ))
Attached Images