Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (slfxm)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
I found an interesting waterfront property on trulia.com near Hagerman, Idaho.

http://http://www.trulia.com/property/42017153-52-Bell-Rapids-Rd-Hagerman-ID-83332

It looks like there are waterfront properties near Burley too but I can't find any for sale right now. Anyone know anything about those sections of the Snake river? How deep is the water? How strong is the current? Is it good for wakeboarding?

Anyone know of any waterfront properties near Burley?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-21-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
Dave,
The current is pretty strong right now. I was just up there judging the Wake in the Snake tournament right in Burley. The water level is also really high right now. There's many sections of the river that's awesome for riding but if you don't know where the shallow spots are, you can get into trouble really fast. I haven't been on the river anywhere else other then in Burley.

Jason Lugo, former owner of WakeUT, lives right on the river now in Burley. I can email you his email address and you can ask some specific questions.

BTW, where you been hiding? You getting out on the water much?
Old     (slfxm)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
Ryan,

Haven't seen you in a while. We've been going a lot to Willard (the south marina). Last weekend we went down to Yuba. Man, it was hot down there. Fun though.

We'll have to get out again sometime with you guys.

We're hoping to go up to Burley the weekend after next just to check it out. I've always wanted some waterfront property--it's hard to come by around here though.
Old     (dcb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-21-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Went to the wake in the snake comp. this year with my family for the first time, it was a pretty cool spot. Lots of houses with boat docks in their back yard, was half tempted to move but the commute to slc wouldnt be fun. Pulled my boat up there and rode the fri. before the d-up comp. Lots of tubers up there and shallow spots to watch for.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-21-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
DC, congrats on the win in the intermediate division. Solid run!