Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (flaco)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Is there any hope for a boardstock 2004
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-21-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Don't know about hope but its happening.

www.boardstock.com
Old     (flaco)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
thanks I guess i should have looked at that site first
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-21-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
from the looks of it, it is going to be awesome. Im going to try and make it for sure
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
are they allowing boats in?
Old    chavezychavez            05-21-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
Aaron, it appears so... but they are pulling the same BS they pulled last year.

Lame...
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-21-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
alee it says on their site that you will need a special pass for boats, so send them an email and they should let you know
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
didnt make it last year... what kind of BS Chavez?
Old    chavezychavez            05-21-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
I forget the actual amount, but I believe it was 10 plus dollars for everyone in attendance, plus some sort of per boat fee.

So if you loaded up your boat with 10 heads, that's 100 bux plus their stupid fee. We got into a lovely yelling match with the promoters who attempted to collect said fee from us. I caught them in a lie - I asked to see their permit - they told me they had one just not on the boat and that they didn't need to show me it!!! Earth to Mr. Promoter - you are REQUIRED to show it to anyone who asks!!! I told them no permit no pay - we also asked them what would stop any boat from driving around asking for a fee - heck we could have said we were from Boardstock Inc and collected the fees. They did not like this response and began to get really snooty with us, claiming they could call the sheriff and what not.

That's when we all about started hucking beer bottles at them, so needless to say, we exchanged some choice words and left, never to attend that disguting money grab by the greedy promoters again.

Dave W, I'm sorry if you happen to be sponsor of Boardstock - no offense meant, but you know as well as I do that Boardstock used to be a grassroots event where wakeboarders gathered without corporate BS. No need to buy pro's to come and ride, they would just show up because they love the sport as much as everyone else in attendance. Not to mention it is a great party!
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-21-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
good one less person to deal with while i'm there
Old     (flaco)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
tower park seemed a little mellow last year compared to the first year where did the party go
Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-21-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
OK, so this is what should happen, MOVE IT BACK TO SHASTA!!! The list of perfect reasons is endless, so I won't get into it, but I will list one. The boom fee (just a boat tied onto the boom, which wasn't even required) was only $20. If you have 10 people in your boat, that's 2 bucks a person for the slow thinker.

-Chris

It's gone way down hill since shasta IMO as well as for many other former attendees.

(Message edited by wakewilly on May 21, 2004)
Old    chavezychavez            05-22-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
Jon, enjoy the overhyped corporate festivities.

As I see it, the only reason to attend would be to see the World Wakesurf Champs.

tdogg, I don't know if I would call it mellow, but I would definitely call it ghetto.
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-23-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
last year everyone went to delta sessions premier out on lost isle.
Old     (flaco)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-24-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
ghetto? compared to what
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-24-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
ghetto = tower park during boardstock

yeah lots of punks there... starting fights and stuff...
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-24-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
chavez they arent going to put an event together like this to lose money, that is why they have to do the things that you complained about. and yes one of the main reasons as to why i am going is for the wakesurfing world championships. Ill make a vid of it and post it so that you can see what you missed out on.
Old     (flaco)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-25-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
yea maybe boardstock isnt for you. you can soak your teeth and cut your corns at shadyacres. I hear top prize at bingo are brand new tennis balls for your walker!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-25-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Hmmmm............Get in the cold chop boy!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
I go to see the Wetbox girls in their little shorts.
Old    chavezychavez            05-25-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
JONb and tdogg - reread please:

quote:

Dave W, I'm sorry if you happen to be sponsor of Boardstock - no offense meant, but you know as well as I do that Boardstock used to be a grassroots event where wakeboarders gathered without corporate BS. No need to buy pro's to come and ride, they would just show up because they love the sport as much as everyone else in attendance. Not to mention it is a great party!

If it is your perogative to support it, go right ahead. After being treated so rudely I hope that Boardstock Promotions goes bankrupt - and I mean that with every fiber of my being. That is how badly they rubbed myself and the rest of my crew the wrong way.

I look forward to seeing your video when you get it finished.
Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-25-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
So lets just move it back to shasta where it'll be fun like it used to be. That way, the riders won't have to be paid to go and can enjoy the event/party. If you put it out in the middle of the lake, you for sure reduce the "ghettoness" by a lot. It's much more fun being around all the hardcore riders anyway that're willing to drive that far out of the way to enjoy the sport.
-Chris
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-25-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
Shasta will not allow it to happen,unfortunatly.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-25-2004, 7:03 PM Reply   
In my book shasta is and was the best spot for boardstock! I did not miss one boardstock when it was at shasta the people were nice. I went to stockton for boardstock and it SUCKED big time To many venders and it cost too much. Plus someone broke into my truck like I said in the getto. Its to bad people only think about money and not the sport. Thought it was a lifestyle at least thats what I always hear. And by the way I for one am not going to go to the GETTO part of stockton to hang out with people that just want to make a dollar off a lifestyle
Old     (flaco)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-26-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
chavez-maybe if they move out of the ghetto(stockton) you wont get any fights etc. bring it back to a lake, delta whatever. not stockton
Old     (flaco)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-26-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
bring it to norcal lakes bullards, rollins, lakeofthepines shasta.mendo anything. the vendors will deplete and the wakeboard poeple will come back
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-26-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
tdogg I like your way of thinking. I wish the people of Boardstock would think that way. Get back to the grassroots of wakeboarding