Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-08-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
I'm thinking of reserving a floating campsite at Oroville in the 1st week of Oct. I've never been there, so if anyone has any pros/cons to the specific sites it would definately help. I'll name the sites to go with the numbers.

1-2 Potter Ravine
3-4 Canyon Creek
5 Sycamore Cove
6-7 Grandmas Cove
8 Craig Saddle Point
9-10 Stringtown
Old    walt            09-09-2004, 4:51 AM Reply   
Stick with 5 6 7 9 8 or 10 from what I remember the other side of the lake is wide and can be windy.
Old     (bluesman)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-10-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
I've used 2, 4 and 9 in the past. Generally when you reserve they don't let you pick. You are assigned a space upon arrival. Expect a lot of wind. We found good water towards the northwest portion of the lake.

Even sice the Governator more-than-doubled the rates for these facilities they're worth the money for the good times to be had there.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       09-10-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
You can't count on that map. They've moved them around because of the low water levels.

We were on #1 in late June and it's still there. #'s 2, 3, and 4 were also over by #1.

There was one on the litte nitch on the right side of your picture going north before you get to Bloom. Not sure if it's still there. I saw one just under the bridge. That's all I saw.

We liked #1, and the ranger told us it's the most popular.

Make sure you put your food in the closet, or the birds will be all over it when you leave to go out on the boat.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-13-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
We just stayed on site #9 this past weekend. It was located on the South Fork right next to site #10. We had a great time. The location was protected very well from the wind which was good and bad. In the mornings and evenings we had great sets but during the day everyone on the lake seemed to be riding circles around our site because it was the only decent place to ride and avoid the wind.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-14-2004, 5:27 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input.