Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-09-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
I'm sure this has been covered but anyone know of a mounting system that is boat friendly?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-09-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of mine. Works great!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-09-2005, 10:26 PM Reply   
buzz that is slick...

btw, buzz has got an awesome system, you have to hear it!!!!

the seperate volumes are the way to go.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-10-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
buzz....where is your head unit? if it is on the passenger side, where did you get one long enough to run it all the way over to the other side of the boat to hook it into the back of the stereo?
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
Buzz, where did you buy that. I must have one. I have been searching for the right mounting system for months. I am assuming that will hold a 20 gig I-Pod.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-10-2005, 8:42 PM Reply   
Clubmike, Thanks. I am REALLY enjoying it! The volume controls are great. I can't imagine messing with adjustments if I did not have them.

As for the head unit, it is under the driver's armrest, just like on all Malibu's. One of the only things I really don't care for (hard to access location).

The mount was installed by my stereo dudes (Street Noyz, in San Diego). They ordered the Belkin cradle, which is available many places, including www.ipodlounge.com. I have the 20G ipod. They made the metal bracket, and it is bolted under the dash plate. It can be removed, and no holes would show from the mounting. Really clean, and real sturdy. It does not show in the pic, but the plug for the ipod is just below the cradle. I put the ipod in the cradle, put in the plug, and it is ready to rock! Plug provides power, and is connected to the aux inputs.