Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    meyerb            11-02-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
text/htmlUpload
Original size.html (1.1 k)
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-02-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Looks like a wakeboard wanna be to me, they are just trying to make more money by trying to make water skiing seem as fun wakeboarding for those who can't wake board, They need to realize that you can't re-create wakeboarding.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-02-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
Twin tip fins . . . makes my knees hurt just thinking about them.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       11-02-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
Upload

First thing that comes to mind...

-Steve
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-02-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
Do they have a package deal, skis, nylon 4 buckle vest, gloves, bungee rope, lime green shorty, and oakly blades w/croakies? I'll take 1 in hot pink, please.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
Trick skis? Thats all they are.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-03-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
That looks incredibly dangerous, kind of like the kite tube. You're just asking for injury doing inverts on those things
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-03-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
Imagine just catching one ski, how much would that hurt. Also it must be hard to edge right and get any pop off the wake.
I'm thinking bad idea all around.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-03-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
ride switch? i guess 'switch' is backwards? yea, no thanks.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-03-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Never have as much style as any board sport
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-03-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
agreed, just like twin tip snow skis
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-04-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
It was said that snowboarding and wakeboarding were just fads that would die soon.I am sticking to my board but I think that this will be a trend sport next year.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-04-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Have to give credit to snowboarding for helping the modern evolution of snow skis . . . maybe it's time to give credit to wakeboarding, for helping water skis to evolve. I tell my friends, "why water ski, when you can wakeboard?" . . . of course, I receive a lot of flack for that,
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-04-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
any variation of an existing product (trik skis) is bound to sell a few units. someones gonna buy it. That would have been a great idea 20 years ago. just a little too late. does anyone remember the yellow ski belt flotation device? Thats gonna be their next product. haha
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-04-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
dj, unfounded.

as a twin tip snow skier i choose to wakeboard and I will stay a wakeboarder for many reasons stated here.

twintip skiers have plenty of style, and I can prove it out on the hill with you.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-04-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
It's a matter of opinion. Have seen plenty of skiing, pretty sure that watching someone make another run on twin tips will not change that. For me wakeboarding/snowboarding is it, but to each his/her own...
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-04-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
Watch this short trailer.

If you cant admit these guys have style then you are just too closed minded too see it.

A different style yes, maybe not your style yes, but no style?

http://www.level1productions.com/media/uploads/LSS-Trailer_Small.mov
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-04-2006, 11:34 PM Reply   
Watched it...still does nothing for me. Every single move I saw I thought would have looked better on a snowboard.

"If you cant admit these guys have style then you are just too closed minded too see it."

Not closed minded, just not my taste. Not a very good statement.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on November 04, 2006)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-05-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
I think it was an accurate statement.

Snowboarding is sic, and I ride with many knuckledraggers who respect the difference in styles.

Skiers have made their OWN style, its not meant to look like it would on a snowboard.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-05-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
No, it was a poor statement.

"Skiers have made their OWN style, its not meant to look like it would on a snowboard."

Do skiers poke or bone out anything? How can you even tell? Poles? No not near the style of the boards. I am open minded, and this is my opinion. Again, to each his her own...So ski on, but don't expect everyone to get as excited about it as you are...

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on November 05, 2006)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-05-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
LOL. Yes skiers poke out things, in fact, skiers are doing sw shifty sevens as a standard now (not me).

Skiing has come so far in the last few years, boarding was hating on in its early roots too....its an all new sport and changing rapidly.

Either way, I give props to every sic boarder. Most boarders give props to sic sickers, some dont.

As fun as the idea might be, Im not to excited to try the "wakeskis" because I see broken ankles and legs, and lots of blown knees in the future. Being able to eject from your skis is crucial on snow, and any backward twisting fall usually results in a blown knee.

Ill stick to wakeboarding.