Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    daveyboy            08-27-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
I was just at the byt and shaun was riding his board w/o the center fin. What is the advantage/ disadvantage in doing that?
Old    trickskisrock            08-27-2003, 3:29 PM Reply   
was he riding the belmont or the temet. The temet is his new signature board and does not have a center fin.
Old    daveyboy            08-28-2003, 5:11 AM Reply   
He was riding a 03 and it wasn't even drilled for the center fins. It had the outside fins on it though.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-28-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
You probably saw a Temet Board on the 03 Graphics. He has one or two of those.
Old    daveyboy            08-28-2003, 4:43 PM Reply   
Ok, I know some people ride finless. What is the advantage?
Old    blind5            08-28-2003, 8:08 PM Reply   
i dought anyone rides the belmont finless. but a lot of people do ride finless. like on the premier or similar it helps them break their board loss while still on the water, and also teaches you how to hold the proper edge. I ride a 03 belmont without the center fin and it is just way to slippery for anyone else that rides my board. but i love it. just personal preference
Old    boardjockey            08-29-2003, 5:21 AM Reply   
yup finless is so fun

i stop using them this year and would never go back
Old    daveyboy            08-29-2003, 5:42 AM Reply   
I just got an email back -- shaun was riding the temet with 03 graphics. I think I will try my belmont w/o the center fin just for fun though.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-29-2003, 7:23 AM Reply   
I would probably say the biggest advantage to finless boards is their ability to learn surface spins, as well as air spins due to their forgiveness in landing. They also require you to use your rails instead of your fins so as Rob said before, helps teach you a proper edge. I personally like big fins (1.2 or 1.4) on a board, or something tight like a premier, as I have a hard time landing blind, doing flips on a finless board.

(Message edited by eljefepequeno on August 29, 2003)