Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/1...#idc-container

Thank God we have these politicians looking out for us! The last thing I want is personal responsability. Its nice to have out nanny looking out for us.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-11-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
Stupid. Banned due to a bunch of 17 to 19 yr olds getting wasted because they're "inexperienced drinkers"? It even said in there they'd been drinking vodka and rum along with these drinks. "Hospitalized with BAC's ranging from .12 to .35". They were hospitalized for .12 bac? seriously? This is just another example of how stupid our government can be sometimes. Banning these drinks isn't going to do anything, college students get hospitalized due to binge drinking all the time, be it on vodka, rum, beer, whatever. It's nothing new....Four Loco didn't create this new problem. This won't stop anyone from drinking Vodka Red Bulls, which is probably worse than four locos since it's hard liqour mixed with energy drinks, instead of beer. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Indiana and many states are following. Pre-mixed is bad, yet the ingredients are still available to be mixed. If it's that bad, then...
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       11-11-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Washington is already like a communist state with state controlled liquor stores controlling liquor sales... It is hard to beat a Russian Monster (Vodka w/ Monster)!!!
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-12-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
Oklahoma is putting a temporary ban on them starting December 3rd. Looks like it's time to start stocking up!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-12-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
You can thank your local youth coalitions. I was asked a few years ago to be on our local Drug Free Youth Coalition. I agreed(keeping kids off drugs isn't a bad thing right?). I quickly became aware that the people on the committee are a bunch of goodie to shoes that pretty much want everything banned that could be harmful for a person, youth or adult. The energy/alchohol drinks were on top of thier lists, sighting that marketing is aimed at youths(yet no real evidence backed up the claim other than colorful cans). They also worked at getting new social hosting laws passed. Part of the law states that if your kid has a party at your house and there is drinking/drugs, you get held responsible. Not so outragous right? Well, they can even file charges on you if you are out of town when this happens.

I resigned from the committee.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
The two reasons they used to get these banned falls on their face so fast. Marketing to children? Where in the hell do they get this other than just flat out making it up? Caffeine/alchohol combo, while the science may support this you can't just ban pre mixed drinks, you'd have to go after bars selling the combo as mixed drinks. It was obvioulsy political grandstanding and a witch hunt.

In the Seattle Times they ran a story about it being banned and stated that a market neat Gonzaga had a run on it selling 30 cases! The politicians were nice enough to give the retailers and distributors one week to unload their inventory. One distributor had over $3,000,000 in inventory. Why wouldn't they just let them sell off their inventory? Just another example of Washington not giving two schitts about business.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-12-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Don't you know, the government knows what is best for us idiots? If we didn't have them to protect us we would just be walking disasters. We might even have to learn from our mistakes and make our own decisions. Man are we lucky.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
What was different from that case as opposed to if they just got a bottle of everclear and some pink lemonade? Nothing.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-12-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
When four loko is outlawed, only outlaws will have four loko.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-12-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
I am driving back from Vegas in January. If anybody in Washington wants me to stop in Cali and pick them up some I will only charge them a $3/can bootleg fee. I have enough room to fill the entire bed of a 2005 F150 with a canopy on it.
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-12-2010, 11:57 PM Reply   
Haha I wasn't going to post cuz it's probably not the best time of the night, but I could really go for a Four Loko right now....
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-13-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
This is retarded. And a big F'u to those that voted against the recent efforts to get the silly government out of the alcohol business.